• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RB one, too good to be true?

kingscott

The RB ONE.......hummmm.

I've always looked over the RB one mainly because of the low price, but for one moment I had a look at the little ready to RACE package they do!

OK so I know that RB make some nice engines but what is this all about.

At first I thought "oh fab it comes in 4 colours" great advertising campaign RB!!! and turned my nose up at the mostly plastic items the kits made of , then I had a close look and............................It really good!!! and for the price and general spec its just brilliant!

Has anyone raced one yet competitively?? can we compare this to the hyper star or losi 8ight?

Or is it just another JQ THE CAR.....quirky but pants!! (sorry JQ owners lol).... is it just a posh basher?

What's the word?

cheers

Ive been seriously looking at getting an upgrade for my old Kyosho MP7.5/Neo and get into 1/8th racing more seriously.

At First I was looking at the MP9 (second hand) however already being a Kyosho owner I know how expensive and hard to source parts can be and second hand is not always great, soooo that idea went out the window!

Then I thought that I liked the look of the Losi 8ight 2.0, but I hear the quality is not fab and the parts are prone to wearing out quite quickly even tho parts are easy to get and at decent prices.

At the moment its a toss up between the RB one and the Xray 808 11 spec, the xray looking the better quality but look at the stats:

XRay 11 spec: Race roller..............£412

Plus engine @ £170 ish, plus servos @50, plus radio £££ plus bump pack £15 charger £10, shell paint £30, wheels/tyres £ 28, Tuned pipe £45 quid.

So to get half way on your way the Xray needs about £700-750 quid to be ready to race.

RB One: Roller, engine, tuned pipe, bump pack, 2.4 system, Savox servos, and on and on......... all for £434.

As sexy as the Xray 808 is, can it really be worth the extra money?

Yer I think ill be going for a RB one RTR, unless they are going to bring out another version in the near future, then Ill wait for that.

Bang for buck its a win win! (even tho I don't want the starter & radio etc)