• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

finally getting the hang of it! :D

Mainie

hey guys,

Basically got myself some new parts for my cyclone pro..

Brought:

.New glow plug

.New Fuel Line

.New Radio Controller 2.4Ghz ( i have a 27mhz at the moment)

.New Shell

.1000000000 Batteries :P Jokes! a fair few though needing to invest in some rechargeable asap!

.Some Monster Stickers! :D

.Spray cans White/Black

and

some nice chrome green wheels

I'm wanting to make my car have a black bonnet and everywhere else pretty much white, then adding them monster energy stickers and green chrome wheels i've spent more money on this car than my own! haha jokes! i am glad theses things dont have to be MOTed and Taxted! unlike mine next week :( somehow ive managed to afford everything which is really good :) roll on the 20th of next month more money to spend.

On another note anything else i should be adding? baring in mind ive only started up the beast and everything seems to be running fine, however there is some fuel gathering underneath? maybe this is normal i don't no? anyone help on this matter please? also how do u get modelsports stickers! im wanting some! :D

Thanks alot!!

Matt

Edited by Mainie

no its near where the cogs turn buddy if i remember rightly ive cleaned it up now i only got it 2 days ago only started it to make sure it works until i get the new parts hopefully tomorrow! :D

So it runs good then maye? Nice smoke, revs freely? Have you put it through its paces on a nice curved road yet, i remember i could get it to drift 45degrees all the way around at full throttle, blw out a tyre once and that flipped it into a curb, no damage though. Might want to get a 6v rechargable hump pack for the reciever, works out much cheaper then aa's.

yeah i will do buddy no i aint tested it yet as the remote it came with is crap i could work i dunno 4 feet away and the fail safe would basically do a solid red light which means no signal so i got that 2.4ghz one instead should be here tomorrow then the beast should be better I HOPE!

Not just the Cyclone....

RTR radio gear is adequate for the job, but it's rare to buy even quite expensive cars and get decent radio gear. It's kind of assumed you will get better gear for yourself, so they include radio gear that will work...but is as cheap as they can get away with :)

I mean....until recently you could buy a £500 Savage and get old 27Mhz radio gear with it.

I got a 2.4GHz u dunno if this is right but... BSD racing NO.B7053, it works extremely well for the car I have goes over 900Meters away so it works for me :) just getting the handling ect sorted out now took it for at least 6 tanks of fuel within the past 2 days and all seems to be fine :P and yes I've flipped it already! hit a drain and it went off on one :P only chipped the top bit of the heat sink so not too bad ;) just need to find a big straight for it now, also when i put on full throttle and hold it on sometimes it cuts out? is that because i need to break in the engine for it or?

RTR radio gear is adequate for the job, but it's rare to buy even quite expensive cars and get decent radio gear. It's kind of assumed you will get better gear for yourself, so they include radio gear that will work...but is as cheap as they can get away with :)

losi have put spectrum radios on some of there cars