• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Ok so what is tyre glue?

kingscott

Hi

I got a cheap set of wheels and tyres (18 quid), however I'm getting constantly hindered by the sides peeling off and spitting the foam out. I do repairs with super glue for rubber and plastic but once again I keep spitting the foams out!!

Surely super glue is good enough for the job? what is the proper tyre glue like I've never used it before?

Any pointers please?

Thanks

Adam

I tug on the sides and they are ok, but then off them come again and again!!!

tyre glue is sort of like super glue. the term is cyanoacrylate [ca]. basically its a very toxic, very smelly, very sticky, and very annoying version of superglue. try zap a gap ca glue. thats the stuff i use and its pretty potent.

Edited by adolf hamster

i use superglue. when i do it i pull the tyre off the rim slightly then put the glue in the gap, then repeat this the whole way round the tyre. takes quite a while but just take your time and it should be fine.

• Like 1

use the real runny zap tire glue (like water)...most hobby shops have it...you have to get the nozzle in the bead of the tire inside , squirt a bit in and it'll work it's way round by capillary action, you can also nnead the tire to get it round...you'll see it work out to the edge of the tire as well, should only need to do it 2-3 times around the rim for the whole tire...with the right glue it only takes a couple mins a wheel

Edited by mooman007uk

Make sure the rim and tyre are both clean and keyed for the glue.

Plastic and rubber moulding requires release agents to stop them sticking to the inside of the mould. The same release agent also makes it a bit of a bugger for the glue to stick.

Hot soapy water and a light scrub lifts it off, then a quick run round the gluing surfaces with some sand paper. After that you'll never get the glued tyres off.