• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

***Hyper Owners Club***

Revorocks

Haha cheers guys.anything to try and tidy it up a little.got a few new bits coming to replace after it caught fire on its first outting it was a budget build but I like it that much now I want to make it tidy

• Like 1

It's a hyper after all.what they like mate was looking into getting 1 not long ago

Its a really nice car to drive! Not sure I'd want to treat it like my Hyper 7 but I purchased it solely for racing, and it seems really good value for money.

Well finally got round to putting my Frankenhyper7 together! I think I count parts from 5 different models so far not including chassis and random hop-up parts. Still need a centre diff, fit a centre CVD, mount esc and radio gear then it's testing time and tweaks to make it handle sweet. It's only taken about 2yrs of collecting random bits. Still got plenty of room to play with layout thanks to the longer chassis:

20140813_235736.jpg

20140813_235621.jpg

20140813_235849.jpg

Well finally got round to putting my Frankenhyper7 together! I think I count parts from 5 different models so far not including chassis and random hop-up parts. Still need a centre diff, fit a centre CVD, mount esc and radio gear then it's testing time and tweaks to make it handle sweet. It's only taken about 2yrs of collecting random bits. Still got plenty of room to play with layout thanks to the longer chassis:

What motor is that ie size and kv?

That's a big Rx box.

2 years.....bet you can't wait to finally give it a run.

Thanks.

Leopard 2650, not sure on size. It's only gonna be running on 4s for now. I have a Turnigy 1900kv sitting unused but thought I'd try for a bit more speed from the Leopard first.

Yeah the rx box was just to fill some space on that side lol. Bit big for the small rx I've got to go in it. Might end up using it for onboard storage, sweets, ciggys etc. It was originally gonna go on a nitro hyper but hard to squeeze in. With the longer chassis on this, it looked a bit empty without it.

And yes, it's been a long time coming, still haven't tried the shell yet but have been patiently waiting changing plans, it'll be strange when it actually moves!

Edited by Smoothybb

20140813_235736.jpg

20140813_235621.jpg

20140813_235849.jpg

That's cool that is. What shell will you be using?

Has anyone got one of theses threaded balls spare? pretty please.

Holds the hyper 7 diff/chassis brace down.  And a stripped bolt head means I require a replacement.

1zpp16a.jpg

Right. After rolling out of bed I found that I don't have a spare one of the part you need, I did have some spare but I must have used them all when I doubled up the chassis braces on my hyper. Sorry bud...

So the frankenhyper's maiden went so so earlier. Nothing destroyed/on fire was the goal and almost managed that. Less than 2 mins before it threw off a tyre and loosened another. Maybe shouldn't have kept going and then I would still have some shiny chrome look wheels. They might be salvageable  :confused: Must work out what I glued one wheel with as that seemed to survive fine.

20140821_230651.jpg

20140821_230628.jpg

Anyone know how to repair a cvd? Seems the power of the leopard motor was too much for it. Hoping I have a dogbone that will fit as not sure how else it's gonna run. Well, it did keep running, FWD only but not as quick and then the steering came unscrewed so eventually had to to stop. Shredded a tyre properly this time. Am thinking it might be a bit much............................

Don't be soft!!  :xd:

Forgot to update mine on here:

B6101462-AB57-4B38-BFB2-BE3610CF91D8.jpg

C3B47709-B4F6-42DF-96C7-CF08EBFA59F2.jpg

It's pretty much finished for the time being. I still have a couple bits to and I have an idea or two in the pipeline but I'm not in a rush anymore.

Here's my first build thread, feel free to have a look:

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/198223-my-first-build-thread-yup-another-hyper-7/

• Like 1

I've added some GPM bits to mine recently, had to remove all the pink anodising, but the gpm stuff is cheap as chips so thought hey, they must be better than the stock towers and braces. Will find out in due course. Also put some Hellfire shock springs on the shocks, which made a huge difference. (3rd pic down)

2d6jck1.jpg

25g9y1l.jpg

2ciehyh.jpg

Also started converting my ST. Still waiting on pinions, mbx6 side guards, cnc uprights, cnc knuckles and front and rear spiders, Blitz receiver box, and some stiffer springs for a set of big bore shocks I'm going to rebuild for ItThis is as far as I've got so far

Before

20u7i4y.jpg

After

2llojk2.jpg

2j3ocib.jpg

I tried out the hyper 7 sides till my others come, they fit ok, but stick out the side of the shell. Probably won't be able to finish this for about 2 weeks, depending on international shipping.

Time to build the nitro st I have sitting as a roller. Got a force .32 or a picco p3 to put on it. Going to flog it to fund a savage flux hp :D

Edited by Huktonfonics
  • Like 1

Also started converting my ST. Still waiting on pinions, mbx6 side guards, cnc uprights, cnc knuckles and front and rear spiders, Blitz receiver box, and some stiffer springs for a set of big bore shocks I'm going to rebuild for ItThis is as far as I've got so far

I tried out the hyper 7 sides till my others come, they fit ok, but stick out the side of the shell.

Both are looking good. I think you put the guards on the st the wrong way round though. Looks like it would be slightly narrower if swapped over.

I deffo need some stiffer springs on mine. I weighed it the other day and its 4 kilos! Apparently I can get white springs for mine which are stiffer but by how much I do not know. I need to measure my springs to find out what else fits.

I also need some t-bones too.

....and your brushless st lol.

Edited by optimus