• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Any Ipswich/Suffolk Bashers?

stretch

Well I know one of my mates is getting a trophy 3.5 tomorrow and the other one has a mgt, that's all I can tell you.......

My other mate is looking for a truggy atm so I have convinced him to get the hpi one, same as me! Lol

Well I should be getting another Baja next week, it's not what you know but who you know! lol

Thinking about a Shorty project but will get it running first and might let the GF use it at the next bash, not sure atm......depends how I feel...lol

Need to shift the Thunder Tiger MT4 though, think I'll put it in eBay.

Really looking forward to the next bash but need to clean the Baja and working atm! :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Swyped from a distant star, the other side of the Galaxy on my rooted/modded GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

sounds like we are building quite a bash groupe, but im finking we may have to stager the cars, say 4 at a time coz there was a few close calls the outher day we dont want it to turn into a demo derby :)

so meany of us will be runing hpi bajas...kinda glad i went for a fg, as i like to be a little diffrent ^-^

took fg out round the car park and had a slight opps curbed my front wheels >.< nouthing major just a scrape grrrrrr

went to needham lake yesterday and had a little bash. Found a big flat field which would be ideal for putting ramps on or speed runs http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=needham+lake&hl=en&ll=52.153162,1.056946&spn=0.002192,0.004823&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=17.340293,39.506836&vpsrc=6&hnear=Needham+Lake&t=h&z=18 top left corner

Edited by stretch

Just found this post and am chuffed that there's some people out there! Just ordered my first buggy so would be great to meet some people that know about them as I haven't a clue!!!

I work just round the corner from Needham Lake so will have to pop up there at lunch time when the buggy arrives,

Addison Way site is pretty close too and looks like it could be fun.

I live in Bildeston which is about 15min west of Ipswich.

The more the merrier TobyH!

Think the Baja needs a clean guys, what do ya think??

bc1c2ca5-5885-4701.jpg

bc1c2ca5-589b-76a3.jpg

bc1c2ca5-58af-4c98.jpg

At least I didn't break anything, was a few close calls though a Marcus pointed out but isn't that part of the fun......says the guy with the 1/5. lol

Swyped from a distant star, the other side of the Galaxy on my rooted/modded GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

That would be great. I was talking to a chap in a shop (not where I bought it from) and he suggested putting the suspension mounts in boiling water and letting them cool slowly to room temp. Apparently it anneals the plastic and makes it less susceptible to breaking. He seemed to know what he was talking about, said something about being an editor of an RC magasine! He also mentioned something about 'dipping' the motor in water an running it up to make it work better, not something that I would do, but apparently works...

nah thats fine mate! leave it

lol...

..I prob will clean it, not sure if I will have time before the next bash but I want to fit the Dom clone I have for it...

That would be great. I was talking to a chap in a shop (not where I bought it from) and he suggested putting the suspension mounts in boiling water and letting them cool slowly to room temp. Apparently it anneals the plastic and makes it less susceptible to breaking. He seemed to know what he was talking about, said something about being an editor of an RC magasine! He also mentioned something about 'dipping' the motor in water an running it up to make it work better, not something that I would do, but apparently works...

Yeah i've heard of boiling plastics to make it less brittle especially in cold weather, never done it myself and unless your constantly breaking a specific part I wouldn't bother either. Motors are waterproof but not really designed to be fully submerged under water and have never thought abut doing it to increase performance nor can I see how it would unless it's to clean/lubricate.

do you sell stuff?? or just advice? i need a new system for my surge, 1/10 4x4 truggy

you asking me? sorry posts gone out of sync

Edited by stretch

Yeah i've heard of boiling plastics to make it less brittle especially in cold weather, never done it myself and unless your constantly breaking a specific part I wouldn't bother either. Motors are waterproof but not really designed to be fully submerged under water and have never thought abut doing it to increase performance nor can I see how it would unless it's to clean/lubricate.

I don't think the motor goes in all the way but just up to the brushes, apparently it smooths out the contact area to make cleaner surface area which means better current transfer therefore more power. Suspect it may help, but you would really want every ounce of power to do it. Pefectionist type thing.

Think I'll just stick to upgrading bits for the time being!