• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Any Ipswich/Suffolk Bashers?

stretch

Yeah can't remember the last time i had my baja out mind you it's not all down to the weather spent alot of time shooting the bunnies, had enough trouble with the electric's when it was reasonably dry but now it would be a joke.

The problem for Galaxy was the fact they were selling cars and parts that were years old and just not used anymore, well that and the prices compared to online prices.

Its a shame because I like to support the local hoppy shops but they never had anything I needed, even when I was running nitro!

They were looking for buyers but I guess that never worked out for them! Thats life at the moment!

Razr ICS 4.04

I'm always one for supporting the little guy but you have to keep up with demand and stock the latest models and spares. Unfortunately what with hobbyking now opening up a warehouse in Ipswich it must make things for them even tougher.

I'm always one for supporting the little guy but you have to keep up with demand and stock the latest models and spares. Unfortunately what with hobbyking now opening up a warehouse in Ipswich it must make things for them even tougher.

Hobbyking warehouse in Ipswich, whens this happening? Lol

I hadn't heard anything about that, its good news! Lol

Razr ICS 4.04

Just heard from one of the lads at work, knew it was coming or on the cards.

Shame but as Sam said, they were crap!

Several times I tried to use them and they either weren't interested, couldn't get what I wanted or wanted to much.

I much rather walk into a shop than order online, just the feeling of walking into a model shop even one like Galaxy that didn't stock up to date stuff. Unfortunately they just couldn't compete with the stock speed of online sellers and the hobby in general.

As for HobbyKing in Ipswich, well I knew they were opening a UK warehouse but not one on our doorsteps. Now where's my wallet... :whistling:

EDIT- RE: Galaxy - Was also told that a customer ordered and paid for a Heli part, the part in question was about

Edited by JayJ

last time i went in galaxy they hadnt heard of Hong Nor and started trying to tell me it was some cheap ebay brand...

at the moment the hobbyking place is just a warehouse, you cant go there and buy stuff yet

its based next to an old airfield, i think they are planning to use it for flying model planes and helicopters

they also seem to have nothing usefull instock at the moment

Is anybody up for a bash tomorrow?

Weather is looking fairly good so let's make the best of what we get in this country lol

Edited by Evmk

Well it looks like we will have nice weather every evening this week until Friday so what's everyone opinions on a day?

I can make any evening so its not an issues when :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Some people start the hobby and don't realise what is involved in keeping the cars running, its a shame but thats how it is.....

There was a lot more of us at the beginning of the year, maybe next year will bring some new faces :D