• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Vantage

Bad-Co

Have been into RC' (Electric) for 16 years and I have seen the build quality gradually decrease over the years.

The fact that we had to change one of the controller battery prongs before we could even use it says alot. As they had fitted a positive terminal spring where a negative terminal should have been.

On a brand new car that had already been recalled for a lipo shut off issue.

Edited by Bagpuss24

All RTR's should be double checked before first run.

They are mass produced and at the speed they are put together nothing could be "hand tight"

I'm a little disappointed with mine but in general it is value for money.

Its a great starting point for someone either new to RC's or new to electrics.(me)

I've learnt my leason with it and the truth if someone asked me is.

"its a great car for the price, but if you can spare a little bit more money or save for a little while then buy something

a little more well known"

I think that holds true for a lot of the lower-end priced cars.

• 1 month later...

I have one of these, its grate fun little car, as said above its very lively on the rear end witch is grate on loose dirt/sand.

Its perfect for a afternoon on the dirt tracks neer were we live. The only part ive broken so far is the right hand track rod riped the thred out after i cartwheeld after a bad landing from 2 ft high lump of dirt.

Its grate value for money i may get the carnege to go with it at a later date.

I have a few upgrades in mind but ill post about that "IF" my idea works and its not ftx stuff ill be puting in ^_^

• 7 months later...