• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi 810 RTR

Looks like a good bash mate, I had a rather unsuccessful session today though....had a rough landing at speed that turned into a epic cartwheel for about 100 yards finally ending in long grass, total damage was a wrecked steering servo and the ariel end thingy is gone :rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys,

First off all thanks to this thread I just bought my 2nd off-road rc and guess what it is... The Losi 810. I have a few questions though. Has anyone replaced the stock clutch? I've heard a few problems about this and are recommending the m2c one. Also, I can't seem to find anywhere to get any spares or hopups (10T as well) here in the UK. Any suggestions where? Lastly, anyone using a hump pack for the receiver?

Thanks.

Edited by Mulds

Hi mate,

Havent changed the clutch on mine as yet still sems fine so far. As far as hop ups go I havent found much either but I would like to know if the Losi 8ight 2.0 parts fit as they are more or less the same car from my understanding. Not using a hump pack for the receiver at the moment I'm just using rechargeable AA's which seem to last plenty for me.

Cheers

Thanks Frobard.

I'm not sure if the 8 parts will fit as it is more of a remake of the 10T. I think there are only 15 new parts that are different from the 10T I'm not sure yet which.

Have you compared it side by side with the 8? Is there much difference in size?

My 810 arrived yesterday and it looks great. Haven't had chance to power it up though. Fitted a 1600mah hump pack and it went in the battery box without any problem. Just wondering if anyone knows how long this would last.

Edited by Mulds

Glad you like it :) I use rechargeable AA's in mine for the receiver so not sure how loing a hump pack would last. I need to get hold of a part as I broke it on Saturday. I'll put a picture up later. Looking at the parts list, as you say modt of the parts are the same as the ones on the 10-T.

Glad you like it :) I use rechargeable AA's in mine for the receiver so not sure how loing a hump pack would last. I need to get hold of a part as I broke it on Saturday. I'll put a picture up later. Looking at the parts list, as you say modt of the parts are the same as the ones on the 10-T.

What parts did you brake and how did you brake them? I'm a bit worried about the front end of the body shell, feels like it will snap off everytime I take it out. I found some parts and hop-ups in a US site, amainhobbies.com. Check it out. But still none in the UK.

The hub carrier snapped when I bumped into a mates Hyper7. Must just have been the angle we hit because it wasnt massively hard. I have had some hard landings and flips and it hasnt harmed it. There are a few parts available on wheelspinmodels.co.uk as well. I'll check that one out, cheers mate :good:

Edited by Frobard10

Double checked on Modelsport and if you search using the part number they do have some of the parts although they don't appear on the Losi 810's page they are avaiable. I have managed to find the part that I need on Modelsport at a good price too :)

Double checked on Modelsport and if you search using the part number they do have some of the parts although they don't appear on the Losi 810's page they are avaiable. I have managed to find the part that I need on Modelsport at a good price too :)

Thats good news. At least we know there's somewhere to get parts.