• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Not sure if i have done my lipos

martin34

Thanks jamo mate i didnt know about the free lipo sack :good:

Just be careful of Lipo sacks. I've got complacent about charging Lipos - I just stick mine in it's sack and wander off. Came across this http://www.maxbashing.com/mbforum/showthread.php?t=10710 on Maxbashing.

OK, he was proably asking for trouble by trying to charge a 3s that had dropped below cut off, but the point is, that the sack did nothing other than fuel the fire.

Just be careful of Lipo sacks. I've got complacent about charging Lipos - I just stick mine in it's sack and wander off. Came across this http://www.maxbashing.com/mbforum/showthread.php?t=10710 on Maxbashing.

OK, he was proably asking for trouble by trying to charge a 3s that had dropped below cut off, but the point is, that the sack did nothing other than fuel the fire.

Yep i have seen that thread mate.Thats why i havent bought myself a lipo sack.After reading that i thought it would be better that i could see the battery while its charging :good:

I have a Lipo sack but never use it for the same reason. My advice is buy the best charger you can afford,never leave packs charging unattended and if possible don't charge them in the house.

Although saying that,I do charge mine in the house (in the kitchen right by the back door) now it's winter and I don't charge that often,and I don't leave them alone. But I use a hi end charger that won't charge if there's anything iffy about the pack/s anyhow.

As soon as the weather breaks my charge rig will be moved back to the workshop. I have considered making some kind of flame proof area to charge my packs in...has anyone else tried that?

That thread is ridiculous though. It was already below cut off but managed to get it to charge at a low current (presumably on a NiMh setting, I don't know many chargers which allow you to charge a LiPo that is below 3V per cell), charged at for 5 hours at 1A, so that would already be fully charged if it was a 5000mAh LiPo, and then decided to increase the charge rate even more.

LiPos are perfectly safe if you are not stupid with them.

To the OP: They are only out of balance. The one that is perhaps slightly puffed will probably be okay, all mine are slightly puffed and work fine. Just keep an eye on them. As said, you want to get some more with a higher capacity/c rating for the savage though.

• Like 1

thanks for the info and link :good: , i'll grab some of them on my next HK order , killer price :D

Alternate if you need a uk supplier, ordered Friday 11PM arrived Monday :-

http://www.modelaccessories.co.uk/

The 5.5MM Bullets supplied are a really good tight fit, pick up some 6mm heat shrink as well for 99p (maybe even some extra wire & 3mm bullets if youre intending getting an ezrun - unless the victory model - pre soldered with connectors).