• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

***Vorza owners club***

Jamo

you wouldn't fit 2 in a vorza and it would be only running on 4s if you did so it would be fast and they aren't very light either. you would get ages of run time though

Do i need one of these? http://www3.towerhob...p?&P=8&I=LXZKA2 (Battery charger Pack)

or can i do without?

defo a yes ,you need one

So what do you have now?

nothing

Any thoughts on this charger?

http://www.modelspor...products/365880

wouldnt bother

So here are my costs so far, cant believe i have spent

Edited by Jamo

i didn't what would i even put them in i've got a master smacker, hot bodies lightning stadium (nitro) and a savage xl (nitro) is was just a joke!!! and they don't have them at ms yet

^ i'm not stupid enough to spend that much on batteries and if i was i would be running my rc's on a special snow-proof flood lit track, not talking to you right now!

Edited by Jumper

with lipos you cannot, and this is an absolute, cannot leave them fully charged for weeks on end, if you know your not going ot use them for a while you should storage charge them so as to keep them above 3.4v.

ironically the batteries you've bought other than offering a longer run time offer no speed or power advantages over the turnigy ones, the mmm system draws 120a constant both your batts and the turnigy ones achieve that,

Edited by norcoforever

I thought it was the discharge rate - higher the more punch it would release...though i am still learning.. lol

Continuous Discharge: 50C (310amps)

So are you saying i will have to charge the batteries everytime i want to go out for a quick bash?

yeah you have to otherwise you'll damage them, and your right your batteries can deliver 310amp but the esc and motor can only draw 120a if that makes sense? the extra 190 is in reserve which should mean longer run times. i ususally charge my batteries the night before a a bash, if you storage charge them to 3.8v it'll take less than an hour to get two fully charged

right, i get ya now!

the limitation is the motor. Now when you say all i will see is improvement in run time over the other battery (is that like maybe 5mins more)? as expected run time is like 20mins from 2 of these batteries in the car.?

I will be buying this charger: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/iMAX-B6-RC-Lipo-NiMh-Battery-Balance-Charger-Power-/190547335673?pt=UK_ConsumerElectronics_Batteries_SM&hash=item2c5d8199f9#ht_6187wt_1164

I am hoping it will come with all the instructions needed to half che, balance etc...

am i spose to store the barrteries int he bag when they are charged?

erm in all honesty it depends how you drive, butover those turnigy batteries for example iwould expect you to see an additional 10 or so minutes, the other advantagei forgot to mention is that your batteries will run cooler as the 120a required is well below their output being as they run cooler the cells will last longer, its a long winded thing butyou to a certain extent get what you pay for with batteries, however itslike performance cars the difference between a

I have ordered the charger shoudl be here over the next few days.

Where can i get info on how to charge etc, as i am very lost!

If i can only charge one battery at a time, and i have say 6 batteries, thats 6 odd hours to charge and swap a battery each hour.. or have i got it wrong?

The charger should be very easy to use; don't sweat it mate :good:

If you charge each battery at a 1C rate, say 5.0a for a 5,000mAh pack, it will take just under an hour if it is a straight fast charge, if you are balance charging them, it could take longer as the cells will be equalizing.

• 2 weeks later...

My vorza should be with me in 30mins...however have some sad new after all that i did to get it quickly...

Last week i bought a new car - i mean a real car. a BMW 535d, which has set me back near

Edited by SamUk

• 3 weeks later...

Hello peeps,

Could I be a bit cheeky and ask someone to post a pix of the bottom of their Vorza, I was going to get one, then helped someone with a part number for a strada xb buggy, and where the bumper ataches it had snaped the chassis, meaning a replacement.

I dont fancy having to replace a chassis if it's the same setup, Hopping it's more like the firestorm.

cheers

Jason