• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Aeromarine conquest build

toddfg

Here's my aero marine conquest received it about June,

793db8e26e57a9e812e3de6c0d830107.jpg

Got a 30.5 cc zenoah engine from performance unlimited it's the racers elite series has a torodial head and longer Con rod also a pro mod carb, overall a very good bit of kit. It is claimed to be about 9hp so more than likely 7hp will see what it goes like once it's on the water.

3aef96f6c6168367fae2d7ff89c3ddb4.jpg

Also got all the hardware now so building it can start finally, first job will be fitting the engine as far forwards as possible just got to get hold of a 90 degree drill, then cut the cowl to fit over the head and carb.

Edited by toddfg

03f26862abe00c1c366b1d2b504f4746.jpg

Rudder fitted, all coming together now just need a radio box so all the electrics can be fitted, I'm using savox sc1256tg servos for rudder and throttle, a 6.6v life battery from killer rc, radio will be a futaba 4pls, a switchblade kill switch, just got to get a tachometer to measure max rpm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

78367f1f2b54b82831eda7cf236c3be3.jpg

7182acc0ae5c2949babe426be1d668f5.jpg

10a366b109fc252e326c0f3cb0ce6b0b.jpg

b4ffb230b26d96c91f6e8113dd754f6a.jpg

Engine and exhaust pipe re installed after removing to put resin on all the drilled holes to stop the water getting into the wood, Radio box has been fitted, installed the switchblade kill switch, killer rc receiver battery, futaba t-fhss receiver, pushrods have been cut and clevis fitted, servos just need setting up now and just waiting on fuel bag mount and carb needle clamps then should be about ready to run.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

https://vimeo.com/123498370

Got it running today, can't wait to get it in the water, went to start it a third time to get a better video and wouldn't start got a switchblade kill switch fitted which was in run mode but still no spark so unplugged the killswitch from the receiver and still no spark, any suggestions?