• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

alcaline batteries vs rechargable om remote n servos ebay rip off? Please help

kevfairish

Hi, I  am new to this site, I used to use an electric car when I was a young un, I have just bought a  second hand nitro car off ebay, it was described as being in good condition and ready to use.  The rechargeable batteries in the remote and car were perished and corroded and I have fitted new normal batteries but they are not working, the servos made a noise and the light came on, on the transmitter but did not work, is this because they are not rechargeable??

cheers for any advice, ps the fuel must have been in the tank for a while, do I need to flush the engine????

cheers

kev

Honestly, photograph the issues, contact the seller and ask for a refund as the goods are not as described. Chances are a PayPal claim will follow, which you will win, then spend the money on something new.

normal alkaline batteries should work fine, it sounds like its been left for a while.

Make sure the battery tabs are clean in the transmitter and in the car, clean with sand paper, wire wool etc if corroded.

Clean the tank and lines out with fresh nitro fuel, and i would clean the carb out too as its likely to be blocked with old gummed up fuel.

I would also take the back plate off the engine and check the condition of the engine internals, if its been stood for a while without after-run oil in, then the bearings may be rusty, as will the crankshaft..

Edit: do what Noj said  :thumbsup:

Edited by gavin28
  • Like 1

Lol Gavin...

What you've suggested confirms my belief it is not 'as described'. Add in a graunchy servo and god alone knows what else...

Such a pity that folk use eBay as a medium for passing on utter pap to the unsuspecting and trustworthy :(

I try not to buy rc's from eBay. ..unless I know exactly what I'm getting myself into. .....do as above and politely message him stating ur issues and say we can either sort this between us or I'll open a pp case if need b.......if his description doesn't match what u got...which it don't by sound of it u'll win the case....as ebay jus changed the rules regarding stuff like this....good luck

thanks for the advice guys, the truck does look like it has been used really, there are no scratches on the bottom of the truck on the metal plate and it looks spotless to be honest

I will be contacting him as ready to use is a joke. 

sorry for my ignorance but how can I flush the fuel out and check the engine if I have no luck with a refund

cheers

kev

I have had a few problems with sellers off of ebay and mostly it' been for stuff not showing up with in the 20 da7s the seller has no matter where it's being shipped from or how it's being shipped but I always give 30 days because you have 45 days to file claim with PayPal.

I'm certain in your case PayPal will side with you because you because all your going to have to do is tell them the item does not work and ask if they want to see a youtube video of you turning it on if they want.