• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Savage flux diff problem

G-RATs-Savage

Hello guys, got a problem i drove my savage flux for awhile with a bearing completely broken for awhile i didnt notice until the rear diff started to open up and then broke a small inside gear and then noticed front diff had a collapsed bearing also so ive rebuilt them both worked sweet for about 3 mins and slowly just lost more and more power to the rear also seemed more power to 1 wheel than the other and then i couldnt even get it to wheelie lol but front wheels were going mad!!! Any way ive took rear diff out and one of the drive cups seems to wagle side to side alot more compaired to other side and i think all the oil has leaked out, am i right to think ive worned the diff case out or the drive cups (the shaft going in to the diff) or both or am i missing something else?? Not a cheap fix cus i think front diff is the same.

Any help would be appreciated 

Thanks

The 4 screws holding the bevel gear onto the diff case can come loose and should be thread locked in.

You'll have to take the diffs apart to see what's happened.

I'm afraid guessing what's the issue wont help you.

If lost rear wheel drive only, then likely the pin which holds the cup joint to the transmission has fallen out. More threadlock needed.

Sounds like a full tear down and rebuild would be advisable.

Is it a new Flux or recent used acquisition?