• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Win10 and ESS ONE engine sound unit

mikann

Has anyone used the

Associated ESS-One Plus Engine Sound System

I have one on order but having difficulty getting the RCPLUS programme to load on windows 10.

The unit comes with default sounds but RCPLUS is required to download further sounds.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks for the suggestion, its not that.  I will wait until I get the unit it might have software with it or a link that will work.

Have tried several downloads but all fail to load on win 10, its win 10 being fussy or my computer.  Will let you know how I get on.

Unit arrived today, no further info with it, tried for 4 hours no luck.  As a last resort I put the usb pen (that comes with the unit) into my computer, up came the rcplus screen but no connection.  I have had enough for today but seem to have made a little progress..    The instructions are realy poor for a beginner, when I have cracked it  I will look back and say that was obvious really.

Thanks, ìwill have another go a the weekend. I am thinking that i have to install the program first, this is where i am having the problem, it will not install, requires administrater permisson, i have administrater permission. I think this might be a problem with win 10, still working on that one.

When i plugged the usb in rcplus came up, not connected i think was that i was not connected on line via the rcplus program that i am not able to load.

Anyone out there who has installed "sense rcplus_client onto windows 10".   Or win 7 or 8.  Would be pleased to hear from you.

I with help will get there.  Thanks.

I thought I would have one more go tonight.  Thanks to your suggestion of loading the drivers  (which did not work, they caused the computer to freeze as well).   I eventuallyfound the extracted driver files on my c:,  No option given when I ran extract files.  I run 90% of my stuff on D:  but what I did find was a rcplus client application file which worked.  I had tried rcplus.exe files before which would not run.

Thanks again, I can now glue the tyres on tomorrow.

Glad you finally got it sorted. I have the ESS One and had a pig of a job trying to get the software to run! Eventually resorted to full format of Windows 7, as there was some conflict with one of the later windows updates.

The unit works great, though!

Thanks again. I forgot to mention this in my last post.  I thought I would post the address where I found the "rcplus client" application folder, It might save others on win 10 in the future. I tried several other locations but this one worked.

C:\Users\mike\AppData\Roaming\RCPlus\Client\1.6.0.1063

nice one, I had the ESS, pukka bit of kit. Had the R35 GTR for my Vaterra V100, ran it on 3s to get good volume and blocked the bassport with some foam, sounded lovely especially with the lift off waste gate turbo woosh and I'll advise you to turn up the throttle sensitivity to 200% in rc plus, more realistic timings.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

and because of the OP,ive bought a new ESS and a windows 10 laptop so will get to work first hand on the problem. Its a crap operating system, had to enable LUA and make a regedit to enable the UAC as Edge stopped working...........might downgrade to Windows Vista or 7/8.

I wish you all the best with win 10,  I now have the ess working a fantastic bit of kit, tyres now glued on, what a job, I got it sorted by the time I did the last one, this is a job you can not practice anywhere, better luck I hope with the next kit I am getting the bug.

One question from a newby, is the body on my Yeti XL kit acrilic or polycarbonate,  I want to order some paints, another job I am not looking farward to.