• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

78.8's Losi LST2.8

I've been looking at Hitec HSR-5990 (2nd servo down but very expensive) would require an external BEC but it's supposed be the nutts - probably wait for one of the servo's to go first though

That servo has 30kg of torque! You could use that in a 1.1 car Chris laugh.gif

The Savox 1256 has 20kg,which should be more than enough,and it's only rolleyes.gif

Will take that on-board Andy :good:

Well just had the LST2 out again :D , lol front wheels still reaching for the sky, sadly my nearly 4 year old camera woman was more interested in filming her brother than the LST2 :whistling: ha ha thats kids for you! Missed the LST2 launching its self into the lower atmospher and landing on my shinny blue roll bar.

Problem with the MMM though, its switching its self off sometimes...I'm thinking (hoping) that its down to a dry solder joint (one of the joints isnt solid and quite lose). I've not changed any settings, only thing is the added weight. Any one else suffered from similar symtoms or think its the dry joint?

Will take that on-board Andy :good:

Well just had the LST2 out again :D , lol front wheels still reaching for the sky, sadly my nearly 4 year old camera woman was more interested in filming her brother than the LST2 :whistling: ha ha thats kids for you! Missed the LST2 launching its self into the lower atmospher and landing on my shinny blue roll bar.

Problem with the MMM though, its switching its self off sometimes...I'm thinking (hoping) that its down to a dry solder joint (one of the joints isnt solid and quite lose). I've not changed any settings, only thing is the added weight. Any one else suffered from similar symtoms or think its the dry joint?

The lose joint may or may not be the problem,but it's a good place to start looking. Can you get at it with the iron Chris?

The lose joint may or may not be the problem,but it's a good place to start looking. Can you get at it with the iron Chris?

Yeah but not until after 1pm when the Mrs is back from work (cant solder when the kids are around - just dont work), just had another look now and wiggled the suspected joint when turned on..looks like that is the problem!

User error :whistling: lol

Yeah but not until after 1pm when the Mrs is back from work (cant solder when the kids are around - just dont work), just had another look now and wiggled the suspected joint when turned on..looks like that is the problem!

User error :whistling: lol

I struggle against pilot error every day laugh.gif

I'm just making some rear mud guards for the ST..plenty of room for error there! biggrin.gif

And damn it's cold in the workshop today cold.gif

I struggle against pilot error every day laugh.gif

I'm just making some rear mud guards for the ST..plenty of room for error there! biggrin.gif

And damn it's cold in the workshop today cold.gif

Hope thats RC and not the Buses Andy ;) lol

LST2 has been built on the sofa / living room floor :D ..my so called workshop (garage) is without lighting and heating, Going soft in my old age.

Hope thats RC and not the Buses Andy ;) lol

LST2 has been built on the sofa / living room floor :D ..my so called workshop (garage) is without lighting and heating, Going soft in my old age.

That's both Chris! whistling.gif

I've been working in the house too,the GT2 build has all happened on the dining room table! Rusty and T4 have been stripped and cleaned/serviced there too.

I only went back to the workshop because the ST was such a mess after the last bash,so I couldn't strip it down in the house without a major clean up operation after laugh.gif

And there's no way I could work on fabbing a new ESC mount and mud guards in the house anyhow.

But spring is just around the corner now,I've noticed bird song in the evenings,a sure sign warmer weather is on the way...and I cant wait,I really don't like the cold very much biggrin.gif

it is alright building on your living room floor when you are dealing with all new parts good.gif

wait till you bring it home covered in mud! It definitely wont be going in the house then haha

Ha ha, true mate;)

That's both Chris! whistling.gif

I've been working in the house too,the GT2 build has all happened on the dining room table! Rusty and T4 have been stripped and cleaned/serviced there too.

I only went back to the workshop because the ST was such a mess after the last bash,so I couldn't strip it down in the house without a major clean up operation after laugh.gif

And there's no way I could work on fabbing a new ESC mount and mud guards in the house anyhow.

But spring is just around the corner now,I've noticed bird song in the evenings,a sure sign warmer weather is on the way...and I cant wait,I really don't like the cold very much biggrin.gif

I knicked the dining room table sometime last year and put it in the garage for the RC stuff :lol:

Cant wait for the better weather either Andy, not far away :good:

LST2 is alive again :insane:

P1020844.jpg

Seems the problem with the ESC was a dry joint. So I resoldered the MMM, and 4 lipos. I used an old iron tip to solder before so thought it best to re do everything.

Quick vid of the LST2 on the driveway. Threw it around a bit to make sure nothing comes loose (double click on the image below for vid)

th_P1020845.jpg

Edited by 78.8

nice car mate!

Thanks Josh :good:

Nice job Chris!! Looks real good and sounds strong too,like it'll plough a whole field in minutes laugh.gif

It's gonna be a great meet tomorrow with some epic RC's wink.gif

Thanks Andy :good:

I'm happy with how the build has turned out. Feels solid but there's only one way to find out...RAMP lol

Truth be told this build only happened due to the RC's I saw down at the NLB. Cant wait for the tomorrows bash!

CANT WAIT TO SEE THIS!!! those tyres are huge yet it moves around so easily! Ill be bringing my tyres for you tomorrow!

1 sleep Josh ha ha ;) , the tyres are the stock 420's if I remember the same size as the Moabs (cant wait to try them) thanks

Top work chris,

When it lands from joes ramp its gonna leave a crater:P...

Thanks Jim :good:

I'll bring the shovel then :whistling:

Epic fail today :( , and it seems (not sure until I strip down) to be the parts I hadnt touched. Diffs or transmission / servos..

How much of a .... did I / do I look lmao :whistling:

After a few minutes on the grassy hills there was an awful clicking noise.. It seemed to be from the front diff so took that out leaving RWD. Still shiftted on RWD but the clicking noise came back, as I brought the LST2 in to the pit it wouldnt steer to the left.. of the servos just died I couldnt believe it. I am looking to go to a single servo, but was hoping I could save up for a while first ha ha.

So, I need to stip and rebuild the diff's (something I should have done before the meet - :censored: at myself for not doing it before but I was waiting for the Gorilla Snawt to turn up - 6wks now waiting), check the transmission and possibly do the gear flip and check my whole slipper assembly.

LST2 will atleast have bullet proof diffs now.