• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

He did put heat shrink on it. I'll put some tape on it aswell though :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yes I see it, but it nearly always leaves a little of the pins exposed as there is no recess for the shrink to fit into on a deans connector like there is on xt60's. You can see the exposed brass in the photo, its only a sliver so little risk but I just stick a couple of wraps of insulation tape round the red body and the wires to cover it completely :)

Not really had much trouble myself, I use a small thin blade screwdriver to lever them off and usually pop them back on with long nose pliers..

If you try putting a smaller one on by mistake its a frustrating game to play LOL

Just got a tax rebate but my proper carneeds a new bearing and possibly some breaks. If there is any left going to get more Lipo's

Is there something else you can use instead of the e clips on the pin connected to the a arm?

The hinge pins from an X2-CRT fit, which utilise a bolt & nut. No pesky, crappy e-clips!  :thumbsup:

They're every so slightly longer than the HPI arms, so end up with 2-3mm of play between the holders. Simply stick a couple washers either end of the holders and you can get rid of all the slop! I'd suggest getting rid of the e-clips everywhere. You can replace all of them with Hong Nor X2-CRT bolts and will make the truggy feel so much more rigid. No nasty slop anywhere! ;)

The only issue is finding someone selling them. Part No's are: X1S-19C + X1S-19A + X1S-19B + 4mm & 3mm Nuts.

Hope this helps! :)

Click 'More Reply Options' at bottom.

Click 'Choose files',  find the image on computer and click open

In list of attachments click 'add to post'

post-33659-0-44235900-1403885421_thumb.j

files need to be smaller than 2mb in size to upload, and really its mostly pointless uploading greater than 1024 pixles on long side so many forums will block pictures bigger than that (not sure if this one does)

Or go to your gallery and upload image.

View image in gallery.

Select Options->Image links and copy bbcode to clipboard and paste into your post in the forum..

gallery_33659_3462_39633.jpg