• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

essex bashing sites

dimebag

Whoop whoop Essex people!

I'm in Colchester and usually bash with my brother and his Ansmann Vapour.

We tend to go in the quarry at the back of Tolgate. It's an awesome place with a huge green for speed or cliffs and jumps to go up and down. No worry about noise there either, in the summer bikes and quads tend to use it alot.

Here it is on google- Tolgate.

I use use Great Bentley green which is a fairly simple bashing spot. Big open greens with a road running through the middle with banks on either side, making the road into a big table top. I haven't been aproaced yet, but it's a fairly quite village so too many nitros may draw unwanted attention.

All those bike tracks look great, and the one linked too next to the A12 fly over is where I used to ride my bike years ago! Used to be way better but I guess the jumps haven't been repaired.

paul this is really wierd i live in colchester aswel and i have an ansmann vapor but im not your brother LOL p.s you herd of halsted woods where the bike jumps are? thats where i bash a lot currently what you doing sunday me & dimebag from here are going up to gallywood in chelmsford for a bash there you up for it?

Edited by Trickster172

Lol nah didn't think I had a second brother.

Not too sure where Halsted woods are, I'm not the greatest with Colchester areas as only moved in several months ago, my actual brother would probably know the area. Whats it near?

Sent you a msg but so any other locals know, I usually have Thrusdays and Sundays off when I can bash. Unfortunately my cars out of action for this weekend and I'm puting a new fence in, so no bashing this weekend.

I may not be free for bashing for a few weeks as I have a week off with my OH coming up. Will post up if i'm free 1 day though.

im always up for a bash lol :good:

That's looks like a great place to bash ya got there!

I reckon I'll have to come up and give it a go,I'm sure

Jon (dimebag) would be up for it too.

We'll sort something out soon

Can you get it on Google Maps?

I may have to explore it fairly soon.

I won't be able to bash until the 28th or 31st, I've got 9days off work with my fiance so we're busy going off to places and what not.

My shiny new alu shocks should be waiting for me at the post office right now, hopefully get them on tomorrow.

• 3 years later...

I did a google search for Essex BMX tracks,there's one

Laindon and one in Basildon. Both are dirt jump tracks I

think. I'll being checking them both out once my Savvy is

back on it's wheels.

Andy.

Sorry to bring up and old thread - you say there's a track near Laindon/Basildon - whereabouts are they and are they still usable?

Thanks in advance

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 16/09/2010 at 23:51, dirtyhabitz said:

Its easy to find,Junction 16 A12,head toward Galleywood.

After about a mile you'll come to a set of traffic lights with

The Eagle pub on the right. Turn left and immediate right

toward the church and your there. Park in front of the

Church for RC heaven lol.

Holy thread resurrection!

Just got back into RC cars after a break of something like 30+ years.  Done a search on Tinterweb a few weeks ago looking for places to run an off-roader and came across this post.

I've been over there this morning, bloody excellent!  It will be my go to place now, plus it's only 10 minutes down the road.

Only 8 years later...but thanks!  

• 8 months later...