• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Servo query

Rory

My steering servo isn't as strong as it should be. Now my mate has this same updated servo in his trophy truggy with the same tyres as mine, but his is stronger. On the spot on grass his will turn from lock to lock but mine isn't strong enough. Tried his hump pack and it's just the same.

Is there anything i could have done when installing it that would cause it to be too tight?

If you disconnect the servo from the steering system and turn the wheels by hand... Is there any noticeable resistance in movement, or anything catching anywhere ?

If the servo is getting on a bit then it wouldn't be as strong as it used to be.

If it's a budget servo... Then it just hardens the case that you shouldn't skimp on them. Servos like savox and aces arnt just expensive because if the name, the quality control is worth it alone. All companies have allowances for products. Cheaper companies have larger ones.

For example a 10kg servo could be 9kg or 11kg. Or even further apart. Where as savox/ace may only allow .25 of a kg either way ect.

Yes we both have the same servo horn. It is only a few weeks old but is a budget one albeit with allegedly 9kg torque. Looks like it's just rubbish lol

I think I will order the 16kg savox today