• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Trooper's 'OptimusBaja'

The Trooper

the tyre was split i think the crazy ass triple roll was the final straw whistling.gif

so im getting me some mini mx's for running on grass :D should give me good grip

the tyre was split i think the crazy ass triple roll was the final straw whistling.gif

so im getting me some mini mx's for running on grass :D should give me good grip

On grass ................ IT WONT :lol: :lol:

Edited by hoss

aw well :lol: should be better as dirt busters, theyre ordered..

i soldered my kill switch up to some deans to make it easier to remove the engine my first attempt so please be nice :lol:

P310510_18370001.jpg

P310510_18370002.jpg

P310510_18370003.jpg

P310510_20370001.jpg

Well the idea is sound, an ive done a few that way myself

but you've gone way to mad on stripping back the wire covers, or you could have used enough heat shrink to cover what you had removed

If i was you, i would de-solder them, an cut the ends shorter, an then put extra heat shrink down the wire ready for after

It will work the way you've done it currently, but the chances of getting water, an dirt in is high with just normal insulation tape,as it will fall off pretty soon

you also DONT want it running down the side of the chassis, there is a high chance of it getting caught as you drive about, an disconnecting the circuit, or getting caught an ripping all your wires out, plus the added dirt an wet being that low down :good:

Yeh, seems to be the general consensus mark :good: So what im gonna do is tomorrow de solder it all and get it tidied up, pull the fuel tank out and run the wires down the inside of the chassis.

As always mark, i appreciate the feedback and advice buddy :D

No worries fella :good:

You dont have to take the tank out, but your on the right lines with where to route them, as mine ran down that side too, they will tuck down between the tank an the chassis, without removing the tank :good:

Its just a little fiddle, what you dont want is to trap them under the tank, or it negates the whole point in making it easy to disconnect them from the radio box, when you want to pop the engine out

If you tuck them under the tank, you will then end up with them getting trapped

Under the tank is also a real dirt trap, for muck an water, an any spilt fuel

So not somewhere you would want your wires hanging about in bud :good:

As i say, good attempt, An certainly on the right lines, just needs a little tweaking for the finished product :good:

Yeah its a nice GUIDE bud, topper did a great job of that

Just i wouldnt run it under the tank myself, but i certainly would have it on the outside either ;)

As i say, iam sure you will sort it fella an make it better, its all a learning curve, if your willing to have a go an try, your half way to winning an making things better :good:

re-done my soldering today, and im even happier than last night :D

i think where i have the connection is pritty safe as i always run with a shell any way :good:

P010610_11540001.jpg

P010610_11540002.jpg

P010610_12090001.jpg

P010610_12100001.jpg

P010610_12170001.jpg

Well done fella, much better :good:

An a much better run for the cables too

Thats just the same as where i used to run mine

P010610_12170001.jpg

Except you see the fuel tank lug, i used to pop that out, an push mine under it an along side the tank, but yours will work just as well there, once the body is on, it will be covered, an safe from the dirt :good:

quite an eventful day... first the good...

i got my new tyres mounted up (thanks to Neil at silverbackrc for replacing a damaged bead lock) and added my TGN spark plug cover i got in my last MMR lucky dip....

SDC11482.jpg

SDC11483.jpg

SDC11484.jpg

SDC11485.jpg

and decided to thrash it, the tyres are great and the grips fantastic but then this happened...

P050610_14070001.jpg

P050610_14070002.jpg

P050610_14080001.jpg

Awww well, dom on the way now :rofl:

:rofl: nice one Mark, tbh it was a really knarly roll... double maybe even triple down a banking, got some air and flew about a meter or so :lol: that was the result :(

Edited the title to include Dads as well, since i think it deserves it. Its a KM Clone the Alloy 29cc one with DOM copy, great buggy and just as well built as my HPI Baja 5B and we have no complaints about the quality, the alloy seems good, has an alloy diff case etc. Really impressed with it... Oh it also has a Jon Miller shell which is STUNNING

SDC11487.jpg

SDC11488.jpg

SDC11489.jpg

SDC11490.jpg

SDC11491.jpg

SDC11492.jpg

SDC11495.jpg

SDC11497.jpg

And finally the CAVE that the bajas an i both live in whistling.gifrofl.gif

SDC11499.jpg

SDC11500.jpg

SDC11501.jpg

Comments welcome :good:

Your goona need a bigger boat............................I mean shed.

Talking of sheds your baja is looking realy good m8 whistling.gif .

lol. they both look awsome troop.

hahaha! :rofl: :rofl:

The Baja might be a shed but its my shed :P and i have been needing a bigger cave for months, but not matter how much junk i have i will always have somewhere to put it... be that glued to the roof or in the filing cabinet :lol:

Edited by The Trooper

i dont have hyper spares Yanto :lol: , Dont need them the thing doesnt break happy.gif (says he with the hyper that has a snapped shock shaft :( ) ... the actual hypers in that drawer :lol:

Edited by The Trooper