• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bashing sites/tracks in S.Wales?

khughes18

well im from Aberdare, so im not too far from brecon :)

im up for a bashing session soon, once i get my cars back on the road, one needs an ESC the other needs a new clutch spring :whistling:

the joys of the RC hobby :ph34r:

well im from Aberdare, so im not too far from brecon :)

im up for a bashing session soon, once i get my cars back on the road, one needs an ESC the other needs a new clutch spring :whistling:

the joys of the RC hobby :ph34r:

There's some epic stuff here: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=&daddr=51.825257,-3.321955&hl=en&geocode=&mra=mi&mrsp=0&sz=15&sll=51.824559,-3.319116&sspn=0.012148,0.042272&ie=UTF8&ll=51.824585,-3.318129&spn=0.012148,0.042272&t=h&z=15

It's the spoilheaps from an old quarry, loads of jumps and stuff.

Edited by joe of loath

There's some epic stuff here: http://maps.google.c...042272&t=h&z=15

It's the spoilheaps from an old quarry, loads of jumps and stuff.

That looks awesome, might have to have a look up there, Im from Blackwood mate, theres a few of us that go out, we just look for places that could be good, havent found one we can stick to yet.... sad.gif Where are you from KHughes?

Edited by Rav_Man
  • Like 1

That looks awesome, might have to have a look up there, Im from Blackwood mate, theres a few of us that go out, we just look for places that could be good, havent found one we can stick to yet.... sad.gif Where are you from KHughes?

I took a few pictures of it with my phone, unfortunately I have the worst phone camera that's ever been created and you can hardly see a thing. It's worth a look though, really! Don't stay too long though, it looked like it got a bit rough after dark.

Edited by joe of loath

From blackwood?

Never?

Im guessin you drive coz you got "all eyes on me" ha ha!

im from blackwood originally see.

from the Rhondda mate

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all, Did anyone ever find a good place for bashing?

I'm just getting in to rc cars/trucks with my sons, we're between Cardiff and Bridgend if you can suggest any where local.  We used to live in Cardiff and a few areas I can think of that might be good are:-

Castell Coch car park - large car park area with a big loop in front of the castle and plenty of dirt areas with lumps and bumps between the trees https://www.google.com/maps/dir//51.536058,-3.2542439/@51.5359209,-3.2545852,136m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m3!4m2!1m0!1m0?hl=en

Heath Park - large car parks, paths, open grass and the pitch'n'put golf course with bunkers etc

Maindy Pool - outside tarmac bmx/mountain bike track, I think this would be excellent but not sure if they'd let rc cars on it

Taff Trail by Tesco Extra - large area of dirt in between trees with little/no undergrowth has been used by bmx/mountain bikers so some bumps and jumps

The best areas we have found locally so far are:-

Llanharan building site (east end) - waste ground with a small stretch of new road (closed to full size vehicles), plenty of lumps and bumps, occasional pile of chippings, wide dirt tracks, few too many puddles after rain and be careful of larger lumps of stone

Llanharan building site (west end) - long stretch of almost straight new road (closed to full size vehicles) otherwise very similar to east end. Climb over fence with barbed wire for access or walk back towards Llanharan and cut through the woods.

I'm hoping the weather will stay good and we can try Ogmore this weekend.

Depending on location we might be interested in meeting up for a local bash if anyone else fancies it some time.

Have a good weekend all.

Edited by Clogger

Thanks Porl, only just seen your message.

Is 1pm Sunday at Risca a regular meet?  What do you do there, bash/race, indoor/outdoor, electric/nitro, scale, etc?  We're currently running on off-road pin tyres (almost bald) would we need any particular tyres for the surface you run on?  Any more info would be appreciated.

Risca is a little further than I was hoping for but if nothing else comes up we'll give it a go.