• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Scooters

ben_rc

• 1 month later...

Still not worked out how to get them off :/

Right, proper matters

Fuel consumption

How many miles per tank should I be looking at? The tank is 6.5litres.....

Alot? Just set your trip meter when you fill up and ride till the fuel light comes on. Then work out the consumption from that B)

You do realise that petrol tanks aren't a uniform shape?

Generally, in order to fit a petrol tank in the required space, they will be a lot bigger/wider on the top half than the bottom half.

My car has a 35 litre tank, i can get around 180 miles for the first 5 bars and then 130ish for the other 4 (i always fill up when it gets to the last bar, as that is when my fuel light comes on)

Never had a fuel gauage on my bike, but obviously the tanks are never a regular shape. Also, when you run out of fuel, you haven't actually run out. The petcock is 99% of the time higher than the lowest point of the tank. So if you do run out, shake the bike about a bit/tip it right over to the side the petcock is on, you can usually get a mile or so out of it (sometimes enough to get to the petrol station).

Obviously this doesn't explain why the OP is getting pants fuel consumption. If your moped is brand new, it will take a few hundred miles to start loosening up, once it has done so you should see a bit better fuel economy. Also make sure that you have enough 2t oil in there (whether its a seperate tank or you need to pre-mix it)

I had a nrg last year it was a awsome scooter. I derestricted it put a pipe on it did rollers and set the carb up and it did a true 55mph. The only problems with Nrg's is the fuel consumption is terrible for a 50cc. Just try not and ride with the throttle fully open then backing off try progressivly opening the throttle I got a extra 20mpg by doing this. If you need any info just drop me a pm I no quite alot about the NRG's. My insurance at 16 was