• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Fastest RTR electric car?

MikeyUK

depends how much you have, but the vxl systems arnt 70mph out of the box....

you need to get a 8000mah 11.1v battery or something to go those speeds, and besides, the bandit vxl is faster than the rusty by 5mph acording to traxxus.

touring cars arnt designd for high speed, but a good combo would be xray t2 2009, novak brushless esc, 2.5t motor from speed passion (i think) and a flightpower EON 4550mah lipo. in my speed calculation (i have many, trust me) it was estimated at over 100mph...

anyway, hope that helps

edit, indie beat me to it :rolleyes:

Edited by kwik-kid

you need to get a 8000mah 11.1v battery or something to go those speeds, and besides, the bandit vxl is faster than the rusty by 5mph acording to traxxus.

touring cars arnt designd for high speed, but a good combo would be xray t2 2009, novak brushless esc, 2.5t motor from speed passion (i think) and a flightpower EON 4550mah lipo. in my speed calculation (i have many, trust me) it was estimated at over 100mph...

anyway, hope that helps

A bandit or rustler won't 70 mph right out of the box not even with a 3s lipo speed's of around 50-60 mph maybe, half of the time it's all about gearing but even then traxxas claim that can both do 70 mph on 31/76 gearing but the fastest i have seen a STOCK rustler on 31/76 go is 68 mph :P

Edited by nitrorhys

Ohh come on, 2 mph off isn't bad :P

The Traxxas speed calculations are generally the absolute max of what the model can do. Achieving that sort of speed isn't easy. Knowing Traxxas, It would of been stock, but with a perfectly flat road, just right temperatures, and an amazing battery, and even then it only just touches 70MPH. A stock Revo 3.3 will do 45mph+, in reality that's 46mph after a massive run up, running 33% fuel.

Edited by revorocks

Ohh come on, 2 mph off isn't bad :P

The Traxxas speed calculations are generally the absolute max of what the model can do. Achieving that sort of speed isn't easy. Knowing Traxxas, It would of been stock, but with a perfectly flat road, just right temperatures, and an amazing battery, and even then it only just touches 70MPH. A stock Revo 3.3 will do 45mph+, in reality that's 46mph after a massive run up, running 33% fuel.

I suppose :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by nitrorhys

anyway, hope that helps

You would want something better than the 2.5 System. Neu 1521 would be more appropriate. Plus, a stock touring car chassis isn't long enough for warp speed style runs, you really need to make a longer one, and put new belts on it.

A Traxxas one would be far easier if you want RTR.

Kwik kid you should join www.rc-isc.com

You would want something better than the 2.5 System. Neu 1521 would be more appropriate. Plus, a stock touring car chassis isn't long enough for warp speed style runs, you really need to make a longer one, and put new belts on it.

A Traxxas one would be far easier if you want RTR.

Kwik kid you should join www.rc-isc.com

long story short im already a speed racwer and iv already designd that car i mentioned, done about 3-4 spreadsheet calculators taking into acount friction, drag, thrust, top speed and gearing. it came out at 130mph with that combo on 2 cell, but it will realistcly only got 85% of that speed, so 100mph...i was going to build it but i couldnt get sponsorship and as im poor, had to be canceled, along with around 5 other ideas...

anyway, isc is the american speed people, and we where under one name, but they broke up over rule agreements etc etc (yawn)

basicly there are two of us now, the isc, and ROSSA. im rossa as im in england....

I can't find the Bandits in stock anywhere...!?

ye at the moment there are almost no bandit vxl's around

idont know why but im sure traxxas will hav another bunch of them on the way

cheers

Chargers:

I have an Ansmann AC30 fast charger. In the picture it is charging a 1.3Ah 6 cell.

I have a 3650 NI-MH Profitexx 6 cell stick, and also a Tamiya 1400, will it charge both in the 30 mins fast charge time? Or will i have to fast charge the 3650 twice?

Basically do fast charger charge a constant rate or the highest rate it can to fill the batt over 30 mins?

And will the 3650 6 cell run a rustler?

Edited by Wrcallar