• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maverick Stealth XB v's Hyper 7

col1253

Hi all, new to this Nitro RC game!!

I have done loads of research into what seems to be the best starter Nitro car for a novice like me and all the forums point towards the Hyper 7. However, my local RC shop is reccomending the new Maverick Stealth XB as a far superior model for around the same sort of money. I cant find any reviews on the Maverick so can anyone out there help out?? :helpsmilie:

Which Hyper model are we on about? The .21, .28 or Black Edition?

If its either the .21 or .28, I'd go for the Maverick, only to be different. Hypers are very common, as they are very good. People rate them highly, for novices. However, the Maverick is catching up, as the new model to have. They are performing very well, and people seem to rate them higher.

The hyper is tried and tested, which is why it is so popular with us bashers.

Although the Stealth does look exciting and I have heard good things about them and I would probably have a Stealth over the hyper ^_^

Adam

i had to make the same choice 3 months ago stealth or hyper i went to my model shop and looke daround and i finally decided hyper 7 .21 in light blue n gree it looks awesome and the mods you can do with it are endless i love mine the stealth is a ok looking car but loads oh hyper buggy owners are on here for advice trust me the stealth is good but its down to prefrence at the end of the day

I have both

Maverick: Better Machine, good engine and easy to tune up, downside is getting hold of spares

Hyper: Even though it's a good machine, it's not quite up with the Maverick but you can get loads of spares

When lots of spares come out, the Maverick will be the one to choose.

James

Edited by James328

When lots of spares come out, the Maverick will be the one to choose.
#

The problem for the Maverick is the 7, 8, and 8.5 are all basically the same car and there must be thousands out there, people are breaking new ones to sell the parts on ebay advertising them as new unused and at very good prices.

Anyone looking for a low priced buggy with excellent parts availability will in most cases choose the Hyper because of this, the Maverick will never IMHO catch up.

IMO hyper. There is endless amounts of spares around like everyone sayes. They are an old design but why fix something thats not broke. The only thing wrong with the hypers out of the box is they need new servos. But what do you expect for

They are an old design but why fix something thats not broke. The only thing wrong with the hypers out of the box is they need new servos.

I changed the steering servo for a metal one the stock servo has been fine for brakes/throttle.

But what do you expect for
Edited by MaxHeadroom

I was talking about the .28. I did it the other way round changed the brake/throttle servo for a metal one as the steering ones fine in mine.

Guess the servos in yours are better than the cheap crap that came with mine, i broke two on my first two outings (bad driving) the metal one i have fitted has taken a lot more stick and is still working fine.

Humm, this is exactly where I found myself at 1230 hrs yesterday in Modelsport. looking at these two models thinking which one??

I really liked the look of the Stealth but knew the parts were going to be a problem plus i didn't know anything about the engine. gotta say its a good looking buggy.

Not hard to work out that I ended up with the Hyper & Mac 28. Just running it in now and am really pleased with the purchase. Just don't buy the Tiger roto start it doesn't fit. Looks nice but no good as it wants to occupy the same space as the manifold....doh.

The Stealth is clearly the more modern buggy to look at and offers great stock servos as well as a really tight turning circle. They seem to be very tough as well. The down side is that parts are lacking which is a little concerning as it has been available in the UK for some time now.

The Hyper 7 (I am refering to the Black Edition) is slightly bigger and heavier than the Stealth and has useless stock servos fitted. You need to invest upwards of

i wouldn't change my hyper for anything else it was a bitch to get going but the result is awesome due to work i haven't had that much time to take it out but it always gives me a buzz when i let it rip, also on the servo front i havent had any issues with the stock ones what are the issues with these??

if you are a sheep buy a hyper 7if not buy a stealth

If your are one of these shallow types who would buy something just because it is different even if its going to be a pain in the a**e to get spares for go for the Maverick, if you have a brain go for the Hyper. ;)

Hi all, new to this Nitro RC game!!

I have done loads of research into what seems to be the best starter Nitro car for a novice like me and all the forums point towards the Hyper 7. However, my local RC shop is reccomending the new Maverick Stealth XB as a far superior model for around the same sort of money. I cant find any reviews on the Maverick so can anyone out there help out?? :helpsmilie:

new to nitro as well. did tons of research. got opinions from people in hobby shops and guys from this forum and ended buying the stealth 3 weeks ago. cant comment on the hyper but the stealth is an excellent buggy, goes like a rocket, tough as ol' boots and very noob friendly. :) also lots of people in this forum have bought stealths so you wont be short on tips and advice either

if you wanna read some reviews race car mag had a glowing review of the stealth in its march issue. also check this link out i got from another thread http://idm.maxbashing.com/issue50/ about the stealth.

buying a hyper doesnt make you a sheep just like buying a stealth doesnt make you shallow :huh: . im sure you'll end up picking the car thats right for you. either way youre gonna have a blast this summer! good luck :D