• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

fuel filter help!

topbuzzer15

you want to place your fuel filter between the fuel tank and the engine, basically the fuel filter is there to stop any dirt etc from the fuel tank getting into the engine. One fuel pipe line goes from fuel tank to engine and the other is fuel tank to exhaust

Tbh, i wouldn't worry about using a fuel filter. They are more trouble than they're worth and can cause all sorts of problems as regards lean fuel mixtures. Just be careful not to get dirt in your fuel and everything will be fine. If you really do want to put the fuel filter in then add a little extra fuel line and stick it in between the fuel tank and the engine, about half-way.

Brad

Tbh, i wouldn't worry about using a fuel filter. They are more trouble than they're worth and can cause all sorts of problems as regards lean fuel mixtures. Just be careful not to get dirt in your fuel and everything will be fine. If you really do want to put the fuel filter in then add a little extra fuel line and stick it in between the fuel tank and the engine, about half-way.

Brad

Brad,

I hope you don't mind but whereabouts in Bucks??

hi mate thats weired i have just bought a fuel filter for my hpi firestorm 10t it came today . all you need to do it cut your fuel line where it goes from the tank to the carb and put the tubing on each end of the filter and thats t hope this help will keep an eye out for your posts if we have the same car :)