• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

still having diff problems

nitro mad2

wel i have the origional mt2(orange one) and i have had diff problems with it but realised i put the wrong grease in, now its been in the garge for about 8 months because i couldnt be arsed goin on the comp and ordering new bearings haha,

now i have had them ive been realising that my rear tyres have been balooning like mad and been going sideways like mad ( but i am on wet grass) so i thought tht the diff problem had come back and it had shreded the diff,

I did put my both feet on the front tyres and reved it abit and the rear one turned like normal, did the same for the back ones and the front ones dont move at all and the rear one try to turn but i took the diff out and all the geas inside are fine, but i have noticed that their is no grease in side :( and tht the grease has turned gray as well.

wht should i do frget about it nd just fill her up with new grease?? or what??

and what should i do about the rear tyre balooning??

thanks

what diff had issues? front shafts in? the drive cups from centre diff or front diff tight? something on those lines is a miss, the rear tyres balloning due to diff, how many gears has it got 4 or 2 (small gears inside) knowing hpi only two! if so u'll best to do the spider mod.

I did put my both feet on the front tyres and reved it abit and the rear one turned like normal, did the same for the back ones and the front ones dont move at all

sounds like the front diff is gone, or somewhere on the drive train to the front wheels has broken. check the drive gear and the drive cups on the front

what diff had issues? front shafts in? the drive cups from centre diff or front diff tight? something on those lines is a miss, the rear tyres balloning due to diff, how many gears has it got 4 or 2 (small gears inside) knowing hpi only two! if so u'll best to do the spider mod.

the issues were that i was constantly blowing diff, front and back. it has 4 gears in side, and the grease had dissapeared. and the gears are not shattered or anyting

and one ther point when braking i always get clicking nois, does this have anything to do with it??

thanks