• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

off road barnsley bash/southyorkshire

sparky_mw

which part of barnsley are you from? theres a few places on the outskits of barnsley i go. not very big though

i am from stairfoot area and my brother is from the worsbrough area of barnsley where abouts are these places as we got transport cheers

are you lot coming to donny tommorow?

theres a bmx track near cortonwood, beside herons reach houses. not been on it, but looks ok from the road.

tryed the bmx track at cortonwood today and its brill perfect for the off road buggys thanks verry much for telling us about it cheers

tryed the bmx track at cortonwood today and its brill perfect for the off road buggys thanks verry much for telling us about it cheers

sorry for the poor quality of the video here is a quick video of the hyper 7 doing first jump at the bmx track

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=O-yeFoCqXcs

Edited by sparky_mw

aye up,

hope all is well with you lads,

just a quick note,

we are a group of lads into the same sketch as you lads a bit of bashing etc and a damn good laugh to boot,

there are 7 in our group we call ourselves the " The Normy Bashers " we dont take ourselves too seriously just out for a bit of banter and to rag the motors, the name is just so people know who we are when on the forums etc it is better than just using youre own name i suppose,

have a look at the doncaster bashers threads on the forum, we have posted a fair few threads on there we are orgainsing a bash over at there gaff in the next couple of week it should be a good turn out i hope,

we are over at frickley pit nr. south elmsall this weekend if you fancy coming across for a mornings running, i dont reckonit is too far from where you boys are,

is the bmx track at cortonwood any good, is it worth the ride out,

if you need directions or anything let me know and i will pass them on gladly,

we are normally there for about 9 - 930 till dinnertimeish so we get a few hours in,

hope to hear from you very soon,

tony ( The Normy Bashers ).

ps. mobile no. if needed 07783 994525

hello

the bmx track is nowhere near as big as the one at hexthorpe and there isnt really a nice flat field around it either but the jumps are good and its small enuff to race a full circuit i think bcos its high up at one end so you get a good view il try and get down again this week and take some vids

Andy

:helpsmilie: anyone been anywhere with there buggys this weekend? been driving round all over looking for somwhere thats not a bmx track not tarmac or concrete not full of kids or near people that get annoyed by the noise somwhere we cud create a track for a bit of a race would be good we could take spades to make some jumps that arent so big we kill our cars everytime we go out lol also would be good but not too important if it was central to barnsley rotherham doncaster sheffield any ideas guys?? :helpsmilie:

• 2 weeks later...

hello all

just wondered what anyone thought of this place for a bash ive been going down quite a bit but never really thought of mentioning it as it might be a bit out of the way for most...

anyway its a nice quiet spot away from houses and main roads theres a big flat field which is good when the grass gets cut also at one end is a raised tarmac ramp leading down to a big square patch of tarmac that we use for on road and off road as we have made some dirt ramps on it.....heres a link to some vids on youtube that we took today let us know what you think, its local for me so i go down all the time its located in worsbrough dale about 10 mins from juct 36 M1.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nBKTicOFznk

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5ffejq2LWKE

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HKYZdg8JSnQ

thanks mark

• 9 years later...