• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HELP NEEDED

staffy

hi could anyone shed any light on this problem i have with my rush evo?? i was out with it the other day and did't see past the jump but some kids had dug a hole to make the jump higher (little t*+ts lol) so i've hit the jump and yep you guessed it the car landed wit a splash :angry: and cut out :angry:

so i removed the plug just to make sure it hadn't sucked in any water which it hadn't, went to try and resart it but no joy. took the car home and stripped it but everything looks fine inside the engine (nothing bent) tried to start again after rebuild but doesn't even try to start :confused:

any ideas guys

Edited by staffy

when you stripped it did you blast it out with WD40 just in case a droplet of water is stuck in the carb etc?

Also check the whole caseing see if the water has caused it to crack due to it going from 1 extreme temp to another

Edited by munki

when you stripped it did you blast it out with WD40 just in case a droplet of water is stuck in the carb etc?

Also check the whole caseing see if the water has caused it to crack due to it going from 1 extreme temp to another

will go and strip it again now and check will be back in a min cheers

just took the liner out and it's ok but i've just found the problem, i think my glow starter is faulty as i have just tried the plug again and it seens to be bright then goes dim and then really bright again don't think it's charging correctly as i only charged it up the night b4 i'd took the car out........

Edited by staffy

(hi could anyone shed any light on this problem i have with my rush evo?? i was out with it the other day and did't see past the jump but some kids had dug a hole to make the jump higher (little t*+ts lol) so i've hit the jump and yep you guessed it the car landed wit a splash and cut out

so i removed the plug just to make sure it hadn't sucked in any water which it hadn't, went to try and resart it but no joy. took the car home and stripped it but everything looks fine inside the engine (nothing bent) tried to start again after rebuild but doesn't even try to start

any ideas guys)

still no joy, changed the glow plug and charged the lighter but still wont fire up can anyone help cause i'm about ready to smash it with a hammer lol

does it even attempt to start? as in can you feel the pullstart grip back at you or can you hear it trying?

Did you just check the liner for cracks and such? as you need to check the crack caseing = the caseing for the whole thing.

I been having probs with TS4n and i think i have found the problem but gunna post up a pic in a further thread i think

just tried again and it fired but would only run at full throttle, as soon as it fell below it cut out and now wont fire and doesn't even try

when i stripped it i checked the liner and crank case and all is good, piston and con rod are ok and the fuel is coming through the carb fine so don't know whats happened

sounds like it was just a bit damp then or something

to start with yeah i think i was but when i took it to bits again today i noticed something that i did wrong (dumb ass) lol i'd put the liner back in but the port for the exhaust was slightly out so the gases were leaking back :rolleyes:

anyway up and running again so cheers for all your help and info

cheers ben