• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Wycombe Models and Engineering

hoarp001

I have noticed a surprisingly high number of people from the wycombe-ey area on the forum so I thought I would start up a topic about the Wycombe model shop in front of halfords.

Its gone now, closed for good, which I have mixed feelings about. The actual shop was great, as a traxxas person, they had just about every spare going, and they were also good for planes n' trains which was useful for me too. One major draw back to that place was that every single person that worked there was a complete @rsehole. Im not sure if Im the only one that noticed this, but when you went into the shop they gave you a look that suggested 'get out of my shop' which seems the wrong way to go about business.

They said on their website that they couldn’t keep up with the internet market, which is very true, but when you needed a quick replacement part or to see something in the flesh, it was a good place to go. I found myself deliberately telling them that I would buy it online as it was cheaper just to **** them off, they deserved it <_<

Anyone have any experience of this shop, what did you think of them?

If any of the proprietors are on here, I would like to thank them anyway, I did spend a lot of money there and even though they were quite miserable they offered good advice, so thanks anyway.

Yeah. Its been there for as long as i remember. And now just as i am getting me a r/c car and getting into the stuff..... it shuts. Typical :P

Im not sure where nearest one for us is, but one ive been in before is right near heathrow airport. Cant remember exact place but litterally right on airport... doesnt take long from wycombe area and its big shop plenty of stuff in there.

Yeh, a good place for cars is Eurpe and Asia Models in Queen street, maidenhead. Tommy the guy that runs it is great, hes got all these trophies up as he used to race buggies competitivly. If your having any problems go and see him, he will fix it while you wait.

Theres also a shop in slough called slough radio models, which does mainly planes but they do enough car stuff to be useful. Im not sure about the heathrow one though....