• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Glow plug colour

Hinchie

Hi im new to nitro me and my son have just started out just looking for a bit of advise we was running traxxas tmaxx 2.5 and car cut out there was a tiny bit of fuel left and so filled up and tried starting and nothing iv tested the glow plug and its dead. Bare in mind it had been running for about 2 hours before. Just wondering if anyone on here could read my glow plug from the pictures iv tried to take best i can. Jus wondering if iv tuned it right or the just rubbish glow plugs they are HSP N4.

Cheers

20240424_184356.jpg

20240424_184351.jpg

20240424_184338.jpg

20240424_184117.jpg

Looks ok, no significant coil deformation, they can fail relatively quickly just down to the variable quality of the plug, another one may last much longer. I had a number of the HSP N4 plugs fail in quick order, the next few lasted.

27 minutes ago, locky said:

Looks ok, no significant coil deformation, they can fail relatively quickly just down to the variable quality of the plug, another one may last much longer. I had a number of the HSP N4 plugs fail in quick order, the next few lasted.

27 minutes ago, locky said:

So you wouldn't say iv been running it to lean or too rich? Just down to the glow plug? 

If the car ran well with no obvious signs or sounds of running lean then I wouldnt worry. Always best to know what too lean and rich sound like and wont hurt if you just see with a couple of wide open throttle passes after adjusting. The image is a guide as nitro fuels dont all use the same additives but is a general indication, so yes 1 is the closest to your plug.