• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Diff lock question

BashCrashWrenchRepeat

Hi

I'm after some help from the crawler community.

I want to explain how diffs work to non-mechanical people, so they can see it working before they go and experience it for themselves on an off-road track. I think using an RC is a great way to do it.

I'm looking for a RC that will drive with an open diff and then be able to effectively 'close' the diff on the transmitter rather than manually. I think the Traxxas Summit and TRX do this for the front and rear axles but am not 100% sure.

So my question is;

Does any RC have a remote lockable diff on front, rear AND centre diff?

Are there any other RCs that can remotely lock any of their diffs?

Many thanks in advance,

trx4 definately has remote locking on front and rear difs 

switch fully to left both difs open , switch centre front dif locked , switch to right both difs locked 

they dont have a centre dif its a gearbox HTH

4 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

trx4 definately has remote locking on front and rear difs 

switch fully to left both difs open , switch centre front dif locked , switch to right both difs locked 

they dont have a centre dif its a gearbox HTH

Thank you! If anyone knows of another that does similar then let me know... I should feel that I've done some due diligence before I spend another company's money on (what they would see as) a toy!

Appreciate your help 👍

Absima Khamba has the option to run open diff, and either the  front locked, the rear locked or both locked. They are independently switched.

The TRX4 has open, front locked, and then both locked. They are sequentially switched.  Which may do it for you but the Absima one allows more options.

Edited by GeoffDa

28 minutes ago, GeoffDa said:

Absima Khamba has the option to run open diff, and either the  front locked, the rear locked or both locked. They are independently switched.

The TRX4 has open, front locked, and then both locked. They are sequentially switched.  Which may do it for you but the Absima one allows more options.

Amazing... and about half the price! Bonzer!

2 hours ago, BashCrashWrenchRepeat said:

Amazing... and about half the price! Bonzer!

I am the proud (well chuffed as little teacakes really!) owner of both, although the TRX 4 Landrover has only had a test run around the garden so far.

Both will run on NiMh batteries meaning no faffing around maintaining the charge on Lipos if stored for a while.