• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and shareΒ all things R/C!

Scratch building my Traxxas UDR πŸ€“

MiddlofMoRon

Just now, Kpowell911 said:

It will be fun but itll cost you alot more than rrp. Look at buying stuff from JennysRC

Howdy! I've been to Jenny's. I'll definitely save that site. Luckily I like to build cause I can't afford a RTR 😞. I used to buy RTR's and bash and rebuild but this is probably going to be my last build so I have to build it my way the first time. So I'm researching it too the point of insanity 🀯 but it's worth it!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, MiddlofMoRon said:

Howdy! I've been to Jenny's. I'll definitely save that site. Luckily I like to build cause I can't afford a RTR 😞. I used to buy RTR's and bash and rebuild but this is probably going to be my last build so I have to build it my way the first time. So I'm researching it too the point of insanity 🀯 but it's worth it!

It will cost well over $1000 doing it in parts. Trust me

I did something similar years ago with a HPI Savage.Β 

Yes it cost a lot more but l ended up with exactly the spec l wanted, knowing it was assembled properly.Β  Took a while too sourcing all the parts but it was a lot of fun - and isn't that what hobbies are about?Β 

• Like 1

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time left. I've had one stroke caused by brain aneurysm 🀯and five TIA'S, which are ministrokes. Living on borrowed time! So rather than buy, bash and rebuild, I'm going for awesome the first run πŸ€“. Don't need any sympathy. Just need one more build! Life is good!

11 hours ago, Daddyroo said:

I did something similar years ago with a HPI Savage.Β 

Yes it cost a lot more but l ended up with exactly the spec l wanted, knowing it was assembled properly.Β  Took a while too sourcing all the parts but it was a lot of fun - and isn't that what hobbies are about?Β 

The one thing I'm still good at is research and development. So I'm having a real good time πŸ€“. I love the Savage! I'll bet your's is awesome. I really enjoy building and research and development. My wife says I can't leave anything alone cause I buy it and take it apart within a week πŸ˜‚. I build and bash and rebuild and then give it to a kid who can't afford to get one. Then I would start another! Cheers mate!

• 4 weeks later...

I suppose you could get some of the parts second hand and save money.

Shame you posted this about a week too late because I just sold all of the stock plastic parts which I replaced on my new UDR, axles, gearbox etc.