• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Issues with transmitter

SamUk

I have a HPI Savage XS probably a couple of years old now...

Have taken it out after some time and am having an issue that I've not been able to solve.

Once the Lipo is connected the cars transmitter doesn't allow throttle to be engaged until about 5 minutes and then it works perfectly. However steering is there and completely responsive.

I've bought a new controller, new servo and the car is working properly as after 5mins when it connected I used it for a good 1hr which included a battery change inbetween and to my surprise the car continued working.

However another issue presented itself... reverse not engaging when pressed and instead at random times.

So the issue was having to wait 5mins for the esc to finally connect to the controller to allow throttle to be pressed. Once it's all working every now and then reverse decides to stop working and comes back randomly.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk