• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Cheap Brushless Truggy Setup

Hi all!

I've been out of the hobby RC scene for about 20 years now, so forgive me for my general lack of knowledge!

I'm looking for something off-roady and fast but also cheap since I'll only be using it occasionally.

I have lots of big, bumpy fields I'd like to play in, so after a little research going brushless with 2S or 3S Lipos seems the quickest way to go... quickly.

My initial thoughts was something like a:

Maverick Phantom with a £30 eBay/Amazon brushless system & 3S Lipo

Maverick Strada XT with a £30 eBay/Amazon brushless system & 3S Lipo

Maverick Strada XT Brushless version with a 3S Lipo (although it's only graded to 2S?)

However when reading about amps and KV and what Lipos to use I am a little lost... 20 years ago we were lucky if we had an electric ESC instead of a mechanical one!

Could anyone recommend a decent brushless system/Lipo combo to go with or perhaps an entirely different setup altogether?

I'm looking to spend about £200ish for a RTR kit, Lipos and brushless system.

Thanks!

At that price range,   Corally beats out the Mavericks.   They are alright,  but are older less robust designs reused and rehashed and rebranded.

Corally TriTon is a fresh robust design,  top notch plastics and the fella who owns the company is an RC enthusiast himself I've heard. 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/corally-triton-xp-2wd-monster-truck-1-10-bushless-rtr/rc-car-products/444072

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GorillaZilla said:

At that price range,   Corally beats out the Mavericks.   They are alright,  but are older less robust designs reused and rehashed and rebranded.

Corally TriTon is a fresh robust design,  top notch plastics and the fella who owns the company is an RC enthusiast himself I've heard. 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/corally-triton-xp-2wd-monster-truck-1-10-bushless-rtr/rc-car-products/444072

Thanks for the recommendation!

I like the looks of the Mammoth actually for £10 more... Found a YouTube video and looks proper quick on 3S!

• Like 2