• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Need help with a brushless motor

Gagac221

Hello guys,

Since I am a complete beginner in the RC world, I am looking for your help.
My question is not completely related to RC, but I said to myself that I will try my luck here on this forum.
Basically what I am looking to make is a tennis ball machine/robot. Here is what I have in mind: www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTuYr_e3Pzs
As you can see in this video dc brushed motors model 775 are used. What I am trying to do is the same ball machine, but with brushless motors.
This is where I need your help guys.
What would be a good brushless motor (alternative) for this kind of application? - I would still like to drive 2 125mm wheels on 1 shaft...
I am looking for a brushless motor that would have a good ratio between power/speed and battery consumption.
What would be your suggestions?

Thank you for all your answers!

What are you doing for gearing and what is your budget? You may find you are happy with a 4 pole 1/8 style motor and speed controller but it really depends on the design of you machine. I don't see a problem with a motor of that size and strength chucking tennis balls at you.

It might be overkill though - you might be ok with a cheap 9t 1/10 combo from ebay and that would certainly be cheaper. Maybe try that first. This is a difficult question to answer without knowing the gearing and design of the machine.