• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My Savage XL ALZA project

Malcs RC

15 hours ago, froggy8 said:

them 2 driveshaft for the center, im guessing the smaller one is for the center to rear?

i didnt even know rob sell that.

there from alza mate both them I got the beefed up ones that a lot use

Edited by Malcs RC
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Malcs RC said:

there from alza mate both them I got the beefed up ones that a lot use

thanks mate, might have to order just the one for the rear as i have one for the front already

No mate, not negative.

What makes you think that - I LIKE IT.

My Raminator - +/- same size with carbon fibre, alloy and all-sorts of bits'n'bobs came out around 9+ kg!!

I couldn't believe it either - shifts like stink 'though!

I was simply trying to figure it out, and DON'T take offence - it's a big effort, obviously a lot invested and it looks great.

I know a lot of thought goes into these 'creations' so keep it coming.

Al.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

No mate, not negative.

What makes you think that - I LIKE IT.

My Raminator - +/- same size with carbon fibre, alloy and all-sorts of bits'n'bobs came out around 9+ kg!!

I couldn't believe it either - shifts like stink 'though!

I was simply trying to figure it out, and DON'T take offence - it's a big effort, obviously a lot invested and it looks great.

I know a lot of thought goes into these 'creations' so keep it coming.

Al.

Good cheers tbh if alza did a anodised black chassis ID be over that look less blingy but I do want jump this so defo put through paces and plenty vids cheers mate 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, evssv said:

Tbh I don't thk no other rc uses box's like the savvy flux do

Hmmm back drawing board if someone could make these be on a winner .I like the original hpi ones so IL try email hpi up again see what they say.and no not paying them 80 quid one from Oz lol

2 hours ago, Malcs RC said:

Good cheers tbh if alza did a anodised black chassis ID be over that look less blingy but I do want jump this so defo put through paces and plenty vids cheers mate 

I'd keep the skids plain 'though - or find titanium ones if you can.

If you start jumping / bashing then it doesn't take long for that 'shelfer' to look a bit different!

I went red anodised everything and had gouges out of the Ram when nitro ....

Thoughts on bodyshell? SC / normal MT / car? (stranger things - Kyosho DBR9 for example!!)?

Al.

These truck are supposed to weight alot so I dont see it as an issue. These are basher trucks anyways. If you looking to save weight on a monster truck like this you are doing it wrong hehe :). I personly like the alza XL, it is unique and it looks cool. Aluminium is nice as long as it is used in the right places so it is all good here. I am a fan of these semi-custom builds because they never get old and they are also stronger than anything stor bought.

These are trucks that one can feel proud over, and offer more value than just "driving for funn". The only real weakspot will be the bodys because they crack easilly crashing with all that weight. But appart from that these truck can live for years to come.

There are not many builds that fulfill my critera such as functionality, design, and uniqueness, but this build does fill all those three criterias which is nice. It is all about inspiring others to build themselves and I have used many inputs from other builds when I built my truck as well. The only thing I would do different is to coat the body in shoe goo and drywall tape to perserve the body a bit longer. It can still crack but it holds togeather much better and prevent tearing to an extent.

Edited by tt3az
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, Malcs RC said:

I had on Friday hpi racing ring me up and there just about and said in next few days sending out big batch of flux battery boxes to the rc shops so this good news for me

finally mate! :) 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 15:10, tt3az said:

No updates mate? Shame to see such a nice build not getting finalized.

hi mate yeah its been put on back burner as other rcs have taking priority .but I'm on it as soon as possible hpi have released the battery boxes but seems only usa market has them so hoping next month this be up running .

14 hours ago, Malcs RC said:

hi mate yeah its been put on back burner as other rcs have taking priority .but I'm on it as soon as possible hpi have released the battery boxes but seems only usa market has them so hoping next month this be up running .

Not avaliable in US either.. only savage flux parts,, are new truck part outs.