• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Truggy flux

Paco

Will the motor take 6s if I change esc ??

I wouldnt advise it! Get yourself a Hobbywing 150amp esc and hobbywing xerun 2000kv 4274 sl motor. Then you will be sorted!  :thumbsup:

Sean what do u think of ur truggy dude anything I need to change straight away ??

im really happy with mine, you might need a new a steering servo as the stock one is a bit weak if your chasing speed then the pinion can go up 2-3 teeth for more speed, and if you want to go mental then you can change the esc but 6s will prove exspensive in the long run.

Sean what do u think of ur truggy dude anything I need to change straight away ??

If you want to run 6s you need to upgrade the diff internals to the hardened ones, the standard ones wear easy even on 4s. I would not run 6s on the stock can tho unless just for a couple of speed runs on tarmac like in the video. Run it hard on grass or anything else on 6s it will overheat!  Another good upgrade is the aluminium hinge pin holders to replace the stock plastic ones. Also if you are going for massive jumps a chassis brace is also a good idea.

Constant 6s will kill this truggy it is not really built to take it ..

It has a few areas that are a little weak like servo, hubs, chassis, axles, shocks and diffs all can be sorted but even so it' will need a lot of tinker time .. All in all its better suited to the odd 6s speed run once you swap out the esc (Xerun 150a) and mainly running 4s ..

There is a owners thread here which will answer all you questions

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/91845-hpi-trophy-truggy-and-buggy-owners-club/

Edited by mydoddy69