• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Revo wooosss !

edbond

I have been trying to tune my Revo 3.3, and have not had much success. I have seen videos where the Revo, when accelerating, the front wheels always lifts off the ground. Mine may lift 1 if I am cornering, but never both if in a straight line. I am tuning the highspeed to what I think is where I don't notice any performance increase, check the low speed and do the Traxxas pinch test, and it always cuts out in about 3 seconds, ergo no need to tune LSN.

This last time, the car died, and would not start again. Glow plug had died (which I will accept after 10 or so tanks on new engine) but also I think the reverse gear has done something nasty (Clicking from gearbox, as I don't think it has a centre diff). I will be taking apart over xmas and if it is order the forward conversion. Either have reset tuning to factory as am paranoid about over leaning.

I have read loads about the Optdrive and reverse gear been crap, so why do they still bother with it...or is it a way of making an extra tenner !

rant over..... time to take gear box apart - replace - repair - and re tune......

Have a great christmas all

Ed

opti drive seems to do not alot althoight they say it hels the shif in tp reverse or summat like that is not needed eityher way its just adding weight to your truck!

get rid get a foc and get goin clicking is usually reverses gear is burnt out :(