• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi DBXL owners club

Bigjimknickers

I've google searched it, I've yet to read any real horror stories about lipos usage with the stock servos

Awesome I'll get that ordered, hemistorm reckons that stock pack will only last an hour!

Plus, the one at oxshott was sitting there from a flat rx pack, so it'll need sorting ASAP.

I did find a life pack the same dimensions?

Yea it's just the voltage really, also Life batteries don't need looking after like lipos, ie no need to storage charge them, Life will definitely be easier on the stock servos,. But as and when they do fail I'll be upgrading to decent HV servos, so made sense to go lipo straight away for me

Here's my db,

46d7a0d0e6a7e4607a6e9985d8e254b0_zps85be

Got Outerwears for air filter and pull start, switchblade kill switch and shock socks. Picked up Gens Ace lipo for the rx from Giant Shark, tad cheaper than the Killer RC option.

Just waiting for the Freeprawn site to be up from maint time and next order of goodies to be placed.