• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

rctech132's HPI Baja 5B Flux

rctech132

Hence my thread of a few weeks ago about possible damage to motors when pulled on a rope...

I had forgotten about that one. And this is electric as well.

Hmmm . more time in gym to make Baja feel lighter?

Edited by jari

bench press a baja lol

No, not quite right. He's carrying it on the shoulder. Bench no good for that...

Perhaps 4 sets of 15 clean and press every morning using the Baja not bar/weights.?

For added effectiveness alternate engine side between left / right arm?

A month of that and it will start to feel lighter...

• Like 2

Right so pets have turned up. Replaced the suspension arm but I can figure out how to change over the shock shaft? Am I missing something? Tried opening the top by twisting and it won't budge. Do I need a special tool

I eventually managed to get the top off and did it that way... Anyway the baja is now all back together and ready for a bash! Now the question is when and where

stock oil weight is 40 in the fronts and 5 in the rear.

what you actually use depends on driving style and use (i.e. jumping) but most of all it down to personal preference.

gettign it right is a case of trial and error,

Pick up some limiting straps, the damage to the shock eye is from over extension 

I like 40 in front, 15 in rear... i think.. its been a while! 

:thumbsup:

Used mine for the first time in years last week... LOVE IT! 

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/134573-check-out-my-completed-bl-baja/page-5

SAM_6262.jpg

stock oil weight is 40 in the fronts and 5 in the rear.

what you actually use depends on driving style and use (i.e. jumping) but most of all it down to personal preference.

gettign it right is a case of trial and error,

Cheers mate just wanted a rough idea so i can get some spare oils.

Pick up some limiting straps, the damage to the shock eye is from over extension 

I like 40 in front, 15 in rear... i think.. its been a while! 

:thumbsup:

Used mine for the first time in years last week... LOVE IT! 

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/134573-check-out-my-completed-bl-baja/page-5

SAM_6262.jpg

thanks for the tip  :thumbsup:  ill get some of those. Your baja looks nice mate where about you from? you near west lodnon?

You should try to get to one mate! They're a great bunch of guys, half of what i love about the hobby is the community! 

ello stranger, nice to see you back.

most of the NLB seem to have gone in your time away, or at least not as active as they used to be.

Looking at some upgrades so if anyone has opinions on whats best please comment your view on things. 

Looking at the Turtle racing V2 rear/ front shock tower brace. For the front one would it be better to get the one thats including the shock tower or just the brace to go on the stock tower...

Also looking at some Limiting straps to prevent the shock breaking again.

Anyone got any suggestions?

tr good choice imo, get the one with the shock tower though, you don't need to but it does take out some flex in that area.

i run kill rc shock limiters on both my rigs but there are better available, swingy p on facebook does them for a decent price and everyone i know who has them have had no problems, unlike the killer rc ones

tr good choice imo, get the one with the shock tower though, you don't need to but it does take out some flex in that area.

i run kill rc shock limiters on both my rigs but there are better available, swingy p on facebook does them for a decent price and everyone i know who has them have had no problems, unlike the killer rc ones

I saw these on eBay. Same name is it the same person? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Swingy-P-Baja-Limiting-Cables-HPI-Baja-5b-5T-And-King-Motor-Bajas-/331521194066?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item4d3033f852

Managed to win a brand new turtle racing rear shock tower brace, a bit cheaper than MMR do them, on eBay. Only thing is it's missing the logo but that doesn't bother me. Should be here next week