• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Few voltage problem

adefirestorm

Hi everyone

I have Led voltage Indicator/display fitted on my car, and is doing strange things, it should display the voltage as is drooping but instead it shows higher value then fully charged lipo, example

16.8 when plug fully charged lipo then few min later as the battery drops voltage the indicator shows 17.6 what could be the problem??? put normal volt meter on lipo and is showing 15.10, is not connected to receiver is wired straight to pos/neg on esc. Could be just water???

Also been getting few glitches where there was no throttle response until I let the car go to stop then start running again.

Anyone can help

Ade

No offence intended but is it a cheap and cheerful version? Might be poorly calibrated or some weird chinese electrickery.

No offence intended but is it a cheap and cheerful version? Might be poorly calibrated or some weird chinese electrickery.

None taken mate  :thumbsup:  just split the car for cleaning and found esc wire to rx cut it looks like must have trapped under battery tray or something, also taken look at that volt meter/display thing it don't look on main board so will order new one , I think the odd glich on tthrottle is down to expose negative wire so will fix that and see what happens.

Can anyone recommend on board volt display??? 

well after it dried it come back to life but like you said is not calibrated well 0.2v out compare to ordinary volt meter, so the rise in volts was down to moisture, is not well protected so I think I just put hot glue around the board to stop water getting in to once I get new one.

I'm glad you've sorted it mate gotta sort mine out soo