• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

shell cutting tips

hipwell

I usally cut the arches & all the lower over hang on sides front & rear , then line body over the mounts double checking post to nearest body line on bonnet etc are even each side but give or take abit as body's can move or if mounts are not straight body can move forwards or backwards as it gets lower this can chuck the w base alittle , I mark it with black pen then dremel the post hole just enough to go over post tight that way once fully lowers if it is out a few mm you can slot holes bigger to take up where it needs to go. On body's that have no arch line to work from as some proto form ones don't have I would cut arches after . It could be the Mazda 6 that's adjustable on arch cutting been ages since I did a Mazda 6 protoform .

Before I paint I trim the lower cut lines. Then mount the shell, then once its mounted I put it on, then mark the centre of the wheels onto the shell. Now screw a wheel and tyre to outside of your shell. Draw round it and that's your wheel arch. Cut it out, sand smooth then paint the shell

Before I paint I trim the lower cut lines. Then mount the shell, then once its mounted I put it on, then mark the centre of the wheels onto the shell. Now screw a wheel and tyre to outside of your shell. Draw round it and that's your wheel arch. Cut it out, sand smooth then paint the shell

sand smooth...with a dremil???