• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

black dx6 or dx7s?

LordLucifer666

As in title im not sure what to get.

I fly electric planes so dont need a million channels and both of these transmitters are near enough the same price. I decided no to go for a dx6i as i was told and read about them feeling lumpy on the sticks so had a test with my grandads and can relate to this info.

So anyone who has had experience with these two handsets, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I will never buy any spectrum gear again from my experiences with my DX6i Trim tabs constantly broke due to poor design, although the last replacement tabs I received from Horizon Hobby the design had changed slightly, so I guess they knew there were issues and changed them. Maybe I was unlucky and just had a lemon, but the thing fell apart on me..switches falling off, broken antenna hinge etc.. I could understand if I was miss-treating it, but I was extremely careful whilst using it. Anyway put me off specky gear. If I were to get back into planes/helicopters I would buy Futaba stuff.

Im just wanting a half decent digital tranny, i currently have the dx5e so was naturally going to upgrade to the dx6i but heard alot of bad things thats why i looked at the 7s. It just does my head in that when i set the trims (apart from the beeps) i have to guess where they are, where as with a digital thats not a problem.

i brought dx6 2 week ago even tho knew of trim issue, only thing that bugs me is the menu beeps would like it silent or on lowest tone.

20141016_183403_zpsc0q4zpin.jpg

I have a the DX6i and I think it is a really good, reliable transmitter. The only issue is the chrome covering the handle on the back of the transmitter. It can peel off. However I sent the transmitter back to Spektrum to sort a switch (Completly my fault - I dropped it) and they changed the handle un-asked. I would go for the DX6i personally.