• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Revo Breakin

edbond

Hi,

I finally got a Revo 3.3, much as I wanted to build a savage, the Revo was soo much cheaper and appears to be a better Monster in the views of people on this board.

I've had loadsa problems getting it started. Now I have started it, it appears to struggle to pull off from standstill. When trying to do the break in procedure, if I pull the trigger to 25% it often won't pull off, but if I increase the trigger to 50% it pulls off ok.

I spoke to the support guys, and they reckon i just need to follow the break in procedure

What do you guys think ?

Thanks

Ed

ideally for the first few tanks you should let it idle, then after a couple of idle tanks start to drive it around up to 50% throttle, then after another couple ranging it up to full speed. its sluggish at start cos its so rich to keep the engine well lubed during break in, this is normal. once break in is completed you can begin to lean the engine out and tune it, and this is when you see the true performance and it will shoot off from standing and fly up to 40mph within seconds ;) just do break in properly first :)

ideally for the first few tanks you should let it idle, then after a couple of idle tanks start to drive it around up to 50% throttle, then after another couple ranging it up to full speed. its sluggish at start cos its so rich to keep the engine well lubed during break in, this is normal. once break in is completed you can begin to lean the engine out and tune it, and this is when you see the true performance and it will shoot off from standing and fly up to 40mph within seconds ;) just do break in properly first :)

what you are saying is wrong traxxas break in instructions do not include idle tanks you start off with 25% throttle not 50% just follow the break in instructions and it will be fine when i broke mine in it struggled to pull away at 25% throttle as the engine is new its running rich and 25% throttle is not alot

what you are saying is wrong traxxas break in instructions do not include idle tanks you start off with 25% throttle not 50% just follow the break in instructions and it will be fine when i broke mine in it struggled to pull away at 25% throttle as the engine is new its running rich and 25% throttle is not alot

Cheers,

Up to my 4th tank now, and ran out of space for the 5th.....The engine is feeling so much looser !!

Ed

sure thats what traxxas say, but STS have a complete diff way ;) its all down to whichever you prefer i suppose as long as you dont strain the engine too much at the beginning :)

Cheers,

Up to my 4th tank now, and ran out of space for the 5th.....The engine is feeling so much looser !!

Ed

Wait until you hit tank 10 or 11... :o

Man that thing will come to life then

But just take it easy on the run in.. remember,,the slower you take it the better your engine will be later on.. dont be in any hurry to lean it out too soon.. ( I am talking from experience.. :whistling: )

rofl

sure thats what traxxas say, but STS have a complete diff way ;) its all down to whichever you prefer i suppose as long as you dont strain the engine too much at the beginning :)

but it is not an sts is it its a trx made by traxxas ;)

dont be in any hurry to lean it out too soon.. ( I am talking from experience.. :whistling: )

rofl

I tried starting to lean it a little yesterday, didn't have the manual with me, and was getting worried it wasn't getting quicker.

You guessed it, was making the fuel richer....did i feel like an idiot :) Drank a tank of fuel rather quickly !

E