• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Advice on sound bars?

JHarrisonKerr95

Looking at getting a sound bar to be put in a smallish room to improve the quality of the sound from the tv speakers but not looking at a full surround system. The main use will be for the ps3 and watching movies and the odd tv program.

What would you guys recommend from personal experience of them?

Anyone know if the Samsung F355 sound bar is any good for what it would be used for?

You might want to consider a soundbase rather than a soundbar. A soundbase fits under the TV. I compared quite a few recently and ended up going for the Maxell MXSP-SB3000 Soundbase TV Speaker. Better sound than comparably priced sound bars and and as it sits under the TV it's out of the way. I use it with a 40" TV and the sound base is exactly the same width and depth as the TV stand so it looks like it was part of the stand in the first place. I wasn't bothered about full surround sound. Just wanted good sound and I'm impressed by the sound quality. The built in subwoofer is pretty good. Also since it has Bluetooth it works with my iPad.

John

Edited by johninderby

I have a samsung sound bar setup (http://www.samsung.com/us/video/home-audio/HW-F450/ZA) I have it connected to the TV via an optical cable and the quality is really good. The sub isn't too over powering while still providing a decent amount of base, the sound is much richer and clearer than stock speakers (wouldn't be too hard to better internal sound on TVs to be fair) with the sub being wireless it makes placement sooo much easier.

I'm sure at some point in the future I will upgrade to surround sound but for now I have no complaints with my current setup. Its a definite improvement over stock internal speakers :)

I have a samsung sound bar setup (http://www.samsung.com/us/video/home-audio/HW-F450/ZA) I have it connected to the TV via an optical cable and the quality is really good. The sub isn't too over powering while still providing a decent amount of base, the sound is much richer and clearer than stock speakers (wouldn't be too hard to better internal sound on TVs to be fair) with the sub being wireless it makes placement sooo much easier.

I'm sure at some point in the future I will upgrade to surround sound but for now I have no complaints with my current setup. Its a definite improvement over stock internal speakers :)

Got the exact same model as bez mentioned also wired through optical cable and can't fault it so far, (especially for the price) I previously had samsung surround sound which was good but it was getting on a bit and took up lots of space with all the speakers, so wanted something smaller and this was on offer for 180 in currys about a month back.

Also has Bluetooth which my old one didn't, although I imagine most decent surround sounds do now.

Might just be sales talk but the guy in currys said for the price its probably the best one they stock unless your spending 350+