• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi Mini 8ight-T arrived today

ninjagaiden

Nope still stock gearing and was on Tarmac and a bit of gravel :)

Turned AVC off and not a clue how to turn thermal cut off.... Off lol

Just give it 5 mins between lipo change and that was it really :)

Was fairly sunny but it was around 5pm with a light breeze

Could you have the best of the bunch made lol, I have not seen any one either run 3s especially and not had problems, diffs would be a concern for me too if they are holding up as seen a few with problems again with them.

Si

Problems so far are really adding up

Motor mount

Motor

Esc

Servo

Receiver

Diffs

Ring gear

Ball ends

Really not looking good !

Maybe others run there's none stop ;)

But have to say the ball ends are a problem and come off very very easy.

No problem with diffs or any other of the above but as said maybe I haven't run it enough yet :)

The problem is the guys in the US, that are having problems don't seem to care and they don't send things back or complain to losi so they will never get sorted out.

The problem is the guys in the US, that are having problems don't seem to care and they don't send things back or complain to losi so they will never get sorted out.

You got to laugh really as in the states you fart in the wrong direction and it's a lawsuit case, faulty item and it's sod the warranty how do I fix it !

This is going no where fast,. I'm probably gonna play around with an emb long chassis and hope that when LC release a truggy it's an easy conversion.  As for the Losi,. my roller fell through on neg's so I'm out.

Not really huge amount of vids on good old YouTube and stock levels don't seem to be selling out fast like the buggy?.

Has the mini rc craze all but gone ?

Edited by mydoddy69

Not really huge amount of vids on good old YouTube and stock levels don't seem to be selling out fast like the buggy?.

Has the mini rc craze all but gone ?

No, I think the Mini 8ight-T has just been a fail lol.

No offense to anyone who decided to take the plunge, I've decided not to though, if a company as big as Losi won't take on board the fact they're selling something with the wrong electrics in it, they aren't getting my money.

If I happen to drop on a really cheap one second hand I'll probably buy it but not buying one new.

Well had mine on short grass today running 2s and god damn did the motor get hot :( don't think it will last long TBH.

Think I'm gonna give Losi an email and see what the crack is ;)

• Like 2

Well I took mine back to the shop after it decided to go mental all by itself, all parts replaced FOC  :thumbsup:

4 x 3s batteries through it and the motor is still running hot 178 F the ESC 115 F and batter pack 85 F. 

Tonight's issue: No reverse!! forward and brake work fine but can't reprogram the ESC to have reverse, no big issue but yet another little issue to resolve. Cant complain about the shop the guys there are great. 

Put some new wheels on the car and it pulls some wheelies !!  :yes:

Well I took mine back to the shop after it decided to go mental all by itself, all parts replaced FOC  :thumbsup:

4 x 3s batteries through it and the motor is still running hot 178 F the ESC 115 F and batter pack 85 F. 

Tonight's issue: No reverse!! forward and brake work fine but can't reprogram the ESC to have reverse, no big issue but yet another little issue to resolve. Cant complain about the shop the guys there are great. 

Put some new wheels on the car and it pulls some wheelies !!  :yes:

178f is not that bad on a 3s but a lot higher than i'd like  what gearing you running ??

What surfaces ??

I am going to be experimenting with some of those heat sinks on my GTB when I get it built back up, if you can find a motor heat sink small enough for the 24mm motor that might be better