• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

carson specter no start

vision

Hi all I have just bought a carson specter 1/8 nitro. and for the hell of me I cant get it to start. fuel goes in the carb hits the glow plug but after that nothing.

I have no idea on the needle settings cause I bought it from a guy who got it new and he couldn't get it started so its never run. is there anybody living around Carlisle Cumbria who could help me out with this as I have no idea what im doing . cheers john

First things first. What fuel have you got? Is it the correct type? Do you have compression on the engine? Is it stiff to turn at tdc? If you have compression, then check if your glow plug is fine, and that it still glows brightly.

If those 2 are ok then you need to find and set the stock needle settings for the carb on the engine and also set the idle gap to about 1mm.

With that done you can gently heat the engine with a hairdryer or heat gun,and when it is nice and warm - prime the carb. You can do this by disconnecting the line from the exhaust and gently blowing it, or by covering the exhaust and turning the engine over.

When you see the fuel going in the carb stop. Insert your glowstarter, and try to start the engine.

At this point assuming everything is correct, it should fire.....

Give the above a try and let us know how you get along as there are plenty of people here who can help  :thumbsup: