• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nitro star 3.5 problems

Rollie

I am running a nitro star 3.5, when it had a pull start fitted it was real hard 2 get started, so i changed 2 a roto-start2 system. All seemed fine and made starting so much easier! 

Now the problem is....When i try use the roto-start it doesnt seem to turn the engine over, I have stripped it down and the cogs in roto start are fine and is turning the engine, the one way bearing is ok too. 

Any ideas plzz

Thanks in advance Rob

Edited by Rollie

What exactly is the problem mate>?  You say the roto start isnt turning the engine over, and then that it is in the same sentence...

I assume you have taken the pullstart off and fitted a roto start, and that the rotostart is working and turning the engine, however it is not actually starting up?

Or is it that the roto start is fine, and the engine is not turning at all?

Can you turn the engine by hand? Is it damaged internally? Are the roto start batteries fully charged?

Is the glow plug a fresh one or working? Have you got fresh fuel and fuel going to the carb?

If you can give us a bit more info we may be able to help you out  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Everything is fully charged, the rotostart turns the engine but is like there is no compession, but when I took engine apart it all turns over correctly. It all turns over by hand but when I use the rotostart it seems just spin and not turn the engine over.

O/k double check that you have got the one way bearing on the right way up and that it wants to turn the engine over.

If o/k there take off the back plate, in the shaft that the con rod is on there should be a little tiny metal plunger with a spring under it this engages with the shaft that the one way bearing turns if this is stuck in or broken you will have no contact between roto start and engine.

• Like 1

O/k double check that you have got the one way bearing on the right way up and that it wants to turn the engine over.

If o/k there take off the back plate, in the shaft that the con rod is on there should be a little tiny metal plunger with a spring under it this engages with the shaft that the one way bearing turns if this is stuck in or broken you will have no contact between roto start and engine

thanks for this info i shall take a look later, but im sure that the 1 way bearing is on correctly so will check the spring  :thumbsup: