• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

kyosho Scorpion XXL thread.

Tug

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Still got mine, most beautiful car I've got. She'll be out as soon as the weather picks up. 

I'm sure Ttypedan had a CEN diff fail, but it was probably two years ago now, can't remember, but the CEN diff mod is still the only viable option and damn tough too! 

• 8 months later...
Still got mine, most beautiful car I've got. She'll be out as soon as the weather picks up. 

I'm sure Ttypedan had a CEN diff fail, but it was probably two years ago now, can't remember, but the CEN diff mod is still the only viable option and damn tough too! 
Diffs awesome, I did pop one though but not the gears. A bolt holding the housing together basically bust its way out. Made up a couple spares and rolling again. Great kit! (Once the diff upgrade is done)

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jdbarnes80 said:

Diffs awesome, I did pop one though but not the gears. A bolt holding the housing together basically bust its way out. Made up a couple spares and rolling again. Great kit! (Once the diff upgrade is done)

Absolutely! A great drive! I've started spanking mine on 6S now, great fun. 

Still not broken anything, just a few splits in the rear panels. 

Absolutely! A great drive! I've started spanking mine on 6S now, great fun. 

Still not broken anything, just a few splits in the rear panels. 
Still run 4s but have had the bigger pinion on since day 1 which cranks up the speed a bit, I treat it pretty harshly and apart from maintenance flawless! Think I've had it cartwheeling 4/5 times and drive away no probs. Great car! Even have low rates programmed for the kids to play with. Starting to think about a 1/5 Baja :-)

1 hour ago, jdbarnes80 said:

Still run 4s but have had the bigger pinion on since day 1 which cranks up the speed a bit, I treat it pretty harshly and apart from maintenance flawless! Think I've had it cartwheeling 4/5 times and drive away no probs. Great car! Even have low rates programmed for the kids to play with. Starting to think about a 1/5 Baja ?

Yeah, I've had some horrible one wheel landings that made horrible sounds, but still drove away unharmed! 

I'm on an 1800kv with stock gearing, goes well enough. Think I might mix things up soon. 

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Sorry to bump an old thread.. But I'm contemplating on getting a local kit version of the xxl. Is this recommended and will spares/optional parts be good for it given the timeframe of its release? Its that or i just go in for a Arrma Typhon and call it anday (but i love the look of the scorp).

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...