• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Feedtheinferno's Losi 5ive - Melty connections hmmm?

Feedtheinferno

Well that's the thing I looked as it was warped and couldn't see any browning around either the male or female parts of the connection so it may have gone further down the line and without giving it a good clean I won't know.

So I think a strip and clean is on the cards! :)

• 2 weeks later...

It could also be possible that the sudden knock from the rock jolted the steering and surged it and the weakest point melted.

Like if your brushless car kicks into full life in the kitchen and you slam it onto the floor to stop the wheels eating your knuckles. Bam stop smoke lol. That happened to me. My knuckles are still scared the badlands sliced through with ease.

The other thing or contribution ide say is definitely the daul servo set up. Is the lipo high C rating or 20c

My guess would be the lipo was on the edge and then surged from the jolt lucky that the switch failed tho ide say. Weak links can be a saver lol.