• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Norco's Slash 4X4 LCG with new shell

After a visit to Noj's i ended up purchasing his slash 4X4 LCG, it is already very upgraded but also started life as a traxxas rally so i can actually convert it to either. i've also got a mountain of spare parts and more upgrades than you can shake a stick at. it's running the tekno centre shaft, the tekno dogbones on the rear (i have the fronts included) it's also got proline powerstrokes fitted, an rpm rear end along with rpm arms all round. it is also fitted with a WPSC8 esc and a leopard motor. the only thing was i wasn't a fan of the stock shells so i went for something a little different, the paint isn't perfect but will do for a basher

119832E3_zpsebb506af.jpg

5E31B2FF_zps899213ce.jpg

A0052F48_zpse2372553.jpg

BBD5B151_zpsde35224f.jpg

A5DDDCE9_zpsd456f942.jpg

97E9F28D_zps2999d6ea.jpg

31556A45_zps446bc5ae.jpg

E3BAEA5C_zps7a833f5d.jpg

A65279E7_zps99cdae60.jpg

• Like 1

I love that shell chap, it's good to be different! Any other plans for it?

cheers buddy, we took a trip to MS and compared this one and the desert raid and this one was just that bit cooler =] i have got a couple of bits in mind, i'm going to order the hub for the tekno dogbone setup for the front and also fit the kingheadz motor mount plate thing aside from that not really, most things have been done already lol

• 4 weeks later...

well a bit more has been done to the slash, will update with pictures later on, its now running tekno driveshafts and hubs all round and is also fitted with the tekno ali hex's i have a new wpsc8 going in along with an alphastar 2350 motor, it has also been fitted with my spektrum dx4s controller. other than that i'm running it as is

Sounds good, what's wrong with the current Wp Sc8 and Leopard motor?

Thanks.

The esc was always a little iffy as it has smoked once and has gotten worse and as for the motor I had the truck out last week in a thunderstorm and since getting wet even after drying and gt85 it has seized :/

The esc was always a little iffy as it has smoked once and has gotten worse and as for the motor I had the truck out last week in a thunderstorm and since getting wet even after drying and gt85 it has seized :/

That's unlucky with both the motor and esc.

Over the years I've run loads of motors in floods, puddles, rivers, streams etc and never had one seize on me.

How are you finding it now with the other motor?

It's looking good though keep it up.

Thanks.

Edited by DazzaClio

• 2 months later...

well the slash has gone through a process of evolution i guess, the proline shell cracked and died a death but will be repaired at somepoint, the hpi alphastar motor is an absolute animal, i have geared up slightly to get more out of it, wheels and tyres have been changed along with a few other the parts the exact spec is as follows

tekno bigbone centre shaft and cups

tekno hubs front and rear

tekno cvd's front and rear

tekno 12mm alloy hex hubs

rpm rear bumper

rpm front chassis

rpm front and rear shock towers

rpm arms front and rear

proline extended body mounts and screw holders

proline power stroke shocks

KHZ alloy motor mount

traxxas alloy bearing carrier

traxxas extended battery holders

traxxas revo mod 1 gearing

hobbywing wpsc8 esc

hpi alphastar motor

hpi rims with hpi attk tyres

i have just fully rebuilt it =D

7FDD81F5_zps6570e1a9.jpg

20A72E7C_zps7d3a97be.jpg

50C2178E_zps6281b988.jpg

8CF47F53_zps486ee762.jpg

08D70FE7_zps905d519f.jpg

1681880F_zpsce9ca787.jpg

28374827_zpsb8713a78.jpg

Get yourself a set of the alloy shock caps fella, that solves the problem!

I'm going to treat my slash to a set of powerstrokes but only when I head to the states later in the year :xd:

How are the proline shocks?

The caps keep popping off my standard ones and one of the shafts bent so I had to repair it.

the proline shocks are fantastic, really really well made and very adjustable, mine took loads of abuse at the weekend and are 100% fine. they are easy to bleed etc, i would say though buy the proline fitting kit, it's much much better than the standard traxxas fittings

Get yourself a set of the alloy shock caps fella, that solves the problem!

I'm going to treat my slash to a set of powerstrokes but only when I head to the states later in the year :xd:

Where can I get the alloy caps from? Might buy some to put me on until I buy the prolines.